Scared of Ringo?

So apparently when Paul, John and George first met Ringo, they were scared of him because he looked really tough as a teddy boy. I still can't believe that Ringo used to look so rough back then and then became the adorable little drummer boy we know and love today. Anyways, here's the chapter!

Touring in Hamburg was a lot of fun for the Quarrymen. They got to play tons of shows, finally earn enough money to buy better food and not to mention all the dirty fun they got to have at different strip clubs and bars. Their bass player, Stu even got a steady relationship with a German girl named Astrid.

They also got to meet a rival rock band named Rory Storm And The Hurricanes. But with that, they also got a glimpse at their drummer. He calls himself Ringo Starr and needless to say, the group didn't think he was friendly at first glance.

"Look at that hair.. It's so wild and messy.." John stated.

"Did you see that look on his face? He looks like he might kill someone.." Paul added.

"And what about that beard of his?.. I don't believe that he's only twenty.. He might be an old guy who likes to kill others..." George thought out loud. "What.. What if we're his next target?"

"I hope not.."

Then John noticed that Ringo was looking right at them. "Eek! Hide he's staring at us!!" He squeaked before running off and slamming into a door in an attempt to escape from the dreaded drummer. "Run guys run!"

Paul and George didn't need to be told twice and ran straight to the fire escape, wanting to be as far away from Ringo as possible. "What's up with those kids?" He thought.

Meanwhile back at the Reeperbahn, John, George and Paul were all huddled together in a closet and waiting for Stu to return. "Good thing he didn't come with us, he can't run as fast as the rents of us and Ringo would have caught him for sure.." John gasped.

"Yeah.. I don't think I have ever ran that fast before.. I just hope that he didn't nab Stu while we were running off.."

"Don't worry guys, I'm okay." A voice came from deeper into the closet.

"Stu!!" John exclaimed as he hugged his friend tight. "Oh thank god you're okay!"

"Yeah, you guys know that I would never go near that drummer. He freaks me out just as much as you guys."

"Tell me about it. Have you seen those eyes of his? They've always got that piercing glare."

"Hopefully once we head back to Liverpool, he doesn't follow us there.. He scares me."

"He scares us all Georgie. But for now let's get some rest. We've been playing nonstop for three hours now."

Soon the next day came and it was back to playing gigs. Finally once the Quarrymen got to have their break, they all sat at the bar to have some well deserved beer. "Ahh. Nothing like a good, cold beer after an hour of singing and cutting our fingers with our guitar strings." John said.

"You said it John." Paul replied. Then he noticed that the dreaded Ringo was heading their way. "Ack! Quick! No one make eye contact!" He told his friends as Ringo came closer.

John, George and Stu didn't hesitate, they all quickly ducked their heads as Ringo sat down opposite of them. "What'll it be Mr. Starkey?" The bartender asked.

"I prefer the name Ringo. But anyways, I'll have the usual."

The bartender smiled and to the Quarrymen's surprise, gave Ringo a glass of milk. "Milk?.. You would think that someone who looks like him would have something like liquor or a really strong cocktail." John whispered.

"Maybe.. Maybe he's not as creepy as we thought he would be?" George asked. "I think we should go and talk to him."

"Are you nuts?! This could possibly be just a facade he has to trick others into trusting him!" Paul snapped.

"But I think we should just give him a try Paulie. He could be nice."

"Well.. If you insist, but then don't go complaining to me when he kills you."

"I wouldn't be able to complain while dead."

"Well anyways let's chat with the chap."

Heading over to where Ringo was sitting, John decided to make the first move. "Hey there.. Um.. I'm John."

To his surprise yet again, Ringo let out a big smile at John and replied to him. "My name is Ringo Starr! Well my real name's Richard Starkey, but I prefer Ringo. Anyways I must say I really liked your performance today."

"You did? But aren't you a member of the rival group? Y'know, and supposed to hate us?" Paul asked.

"Oh who cares about what my bandmates think, I like to listen to other people's performances as well as our own."

"Oh.. We never knew that. How's it like being a drummer of the most famous Liverpool band?" George asked.

"Oh it can be very excited with all the lights and the girls and everything going on. But then there's also the pressure of having to play for hours on end just to be noticed by people and hopefully record labels."

"Really? We have the same problem here. We play eight hours every day at the Reeperbahn and we always have to sleep in tiny rooms with little to no privacy."

"Poor guys, we have to sleep in really cramped hotel rooms as well. No privacy anywhere, not even in the bathroom."

"Wow! We have a lot in common." Stu exclaimed. "At first we all thought that you were some really tough guy."

"Yeah, a lot of people think that for some reason. But I'm really as gentle as a kitten. I think it's the beard that makes me look rough."

"Yeah maybe, oh hey, you feel like coming over to our place sometimes?" John offered.

"I'd love to! I love meeting new people. You think we'd be still seeing each other in the future?"

"Oh I don't think, I know. Anyways, we'll see you soon Ringo!"

Once they were back in their room, John chuckled. "I can't believe all this time we were scared of one of the kindest people on the planet." He laughed.

"Yeah John. I guess we really learned to not judge a book by its cover now." Paul replied.

"You said it. I never thought that really tough teddy boys like us would need to be taught a kiddy PSA. But hey, it's a oneshot so anything can happen."