Lennon In Boots

The classic fairytale with a Beatles-y twist! I hope you all like it.

On the date December 8th, 1980 the world lost an amazing artist, peace activist and guitarist. The name being John Lennon. The three of his bandmates, Ringo, Paul and George were all at his funeral and paying their respects to him.

His second wife, Yoko thought it would be necessary for each of the Threetles to have a third of the money John made off of his last album Double Fantasy and some of John's belongings. Ringo, being the oldest got the deeds to the Dakota apartment which he now uses as a vacation home as well as some of John's instruments. Paul was handed John's songwriting notes and unfinished demos which he then went on to complete for him. And George? He ended up becoming the foster father to John's teenaged son, Julian.

"How come my bandmates get to have actual belongings while I have to be stuck raising his kid? Couldn't Yoko raise you herself?" George groaned.

"Well you know how stepmothers are, she said Sean needs all of her attention. Besides I'm seventeen, I can take care of myself." Julian retorted. "What are you groaning on about anyways?"

"Well my best friend married my wife and refuse to go anywhere near my old house so now I'm living at a hotel. I'm used to it though since hotels were pretty much home during the touring years. But of course no one wants to listen to the quiet Beatle, it's all about Ringo!"

"Ringo? I thought Dad and Paul were the famous songwriting duo."

"You were only three at the time but Ringo got ten times more fan mail than the rest of us combined! Then that album of his went right to number one with Paul not to far behind. I was hoping my records would be able to make it high as well. But you know, all the complications, meet and greets and stuff like that. I just wish there was someone who could be able to take care of all that stuff for me."

"You mean like a secretary? I can help you get one."

"Really? How? You're just a teen. Oh and do you want to wear your Dad's old Beatle boots on your quest to find me a secretary?"

"You took the words right out of my mouth Uncle George. Gimme those boots and I'll get you a secretary!"

So now clad with his father's old Beatle boots, Julian set out to a nearby jewelry store and used some of the money from his old allowance to buy a necklace. Then on his way back he bumped into a woman with black hair. "Oof! Sorry ma'am. I didn't mean to bump into you."

"Oh that's quite alright young man, I was just looking for a job as a secretary. Though I'm sure I won't get the job, no one needs a secretary nowadays with everything becoming more automated."

"A secretary you say? You're just the bird I was looking for! I just happen to be Julian, the nephew of the great George Harrison, he was very famous back in the old days of the Beatles y'know? In fact, I even got a gift from him to you." Julian exclaimed, handing her the necklace. "I hope you like it miss.. Um.."

"Olivia Arias. And I do find it very lovely! This George sounds like a very nice man, I'd love to meet him and be his secretary."

"Well I'm sure that we can schedule a meeting very soon, say next week?"

"Oh that sounds very good. Well I'll see you around Julian."

A few more days of gift giving and bantering about George later, Julian had gotten a crazy plan to get George a record label of his own.

"We're going to blame Northern Songs for sending out its workers to rob me?! Jules are you nuts?!"

"Trust me on this Uncle George. If this works you'll get to have your own record label, you won't have to send profits to other people for publishing your music. You'll get all the cash!"