A Haunting of Hamburg

It was June 22nd in the year 1963, just one day until Stuart's 23rd birthday. Or at least it would have been if he was still around to that day. He passed away over a year ago and was missed dearly by his four bandmates, especially John.

"I know you didn't like him all that much Paul, but it means so much that you want to throw Stu a posthumous little birthday party. I bet he would have loved it so much!"

"That is if he got over that you liked me a hell of a lot more than him. He thinks just because you share a room together in Hamburg that you-"

"Whoa hey, I don't want to start off his special day with any more arguments over who got the most attention. I told you once I told you a thousand times, I like all my bandmates equally and you know it. Managers on the other hand-"

Paul just grumbled, finishing up decorating the studio. "I still can't believe I'm doing all this, and for Stu! Well whatever makes John happy I guess."

It was quite clear by now that Paul was still not over his rivalry with the former bassist and artist, both argued over who John liked more and over who was the better bass player. The only thing they ever agreed on was that John needed a right hand man with the group, of course both were more than happy to fill that void.

"Stu was never the best of friends, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him.. I never wanted him to pass away like this, or any other way by that matter. Boy what I'd give to even hear his v-"

Before he could finish his sentence, his bass lifted right out of his hands. "Ah!! What's going on here?!"

All he got for an answer was his bass playing by itself, or at least that's what he thought happened. A very familiar silhouette took form in front of him, solidifying into the soon to be birthday boy. "Did you really mean it?"

"Huh-wha no! I.. I guess I meant it a little. But I still John's best writing partner!"

"Oh says you! John would have definitely chosen me as his second in command if I were still in the land of the living."

"He would not! How did you even get here? I thought you passed away."

"Oh I did, but it turns out I can go in between the material world and the spirit realm, but I can only come down for two hours at a time. Still better than nothing to me."

"So that means anyone can come down to see their loved ones? But then how come you're here and not Mom or Julia? I'm sure they'd want to be able to see John and I too."

"They have, but they weren't really as direct seeing you. They didn't want to shock ya the moment you caught sight of them, but I wanted to give you a good scare!"

"Pft, typical Sutcliffe. Don't you think we should tell John that you're here too?"

"Ohoho, and let him miss out on the scare prank? I don't think so."

"MACCA!!! MY GUITAR IS PLAYING BY ITSELF!!"

Chuckling, Paul ran after the ghostly artist to catch the freaked out look on John's face. "I thought you'd be a lot more enthusiastic to see him again, John."