Life is Like a Stash of Chocolates

"John sure has been happy lately." Paul remarked, watching as the rhythm guitarist enthusiastically strummed away. "Not that I'm complaining but this is super weird, usually he's late and always grumbling whenever they needed to do retakes.

"Maybe he finally decided to set a reasonable bedtime." George joked. "Hey John, what's your secret?"

"Secret? What secret?"

"For how you're so energetic? We don't smell any weed off of ya even though you act higher than a kite."

"Heehee, if I told you that then it wouldn't be a secret anymore now would it?"

"Not even a little hint?"

"Sorry Macca, there's no way I'm gonna let any of you know why I suddenly love life as much as I do now. Would you look at that! It's break time, I'll see you guys in an hour!" Letting out another creepy giggle, John skipped away to their break room.

"Yep he's definitely on something." Paul grunted. "And I bet he's hiding some kind of stash in the closet!"

"Oh I don't know, maybe he's just wanting to enjoy life now that we're planning to play the giant Shea Stadium." Ringo suggested.

"On a whim like that? Pft, quit being so naive."

"But he didn't smell anything like weed and we won't be introduced to LSD until the day our dentist put it in the coffee." George added. "Unless he's gone back to those pep pills we used to take back in the Quarrymen."

"Only one way to find out. We better find go spy mode!"

"Spy mode?"

"I thought it sounded cool okay?"

So spy mode they went, sneaking around John as he snuck into a secret closet hidden behind some empty boxes. "Aha! So he thinks he can smuggle stuff in innocent looking Chocolate Oliver boxes? Well he doesn't fool me!" Paul grinned, looking through the boxes.

"Empty, I bet they're all in the closet with John."

But when he kicked open the door, there John was on a large pile of chocolate covered biscuits. "Aw, my secret is blown!"

"So.. All this for just chocolates?"

"You'd never believe me if I told ya chocolate is the answer to everything."

"Well at least it's not drugs. And happy birthday to you too."