Chapter Six- Secret Moves

Start from the beginning

"Sorry maam. But we don't have your size. Our clothes are specially made for petite types of women." I felt hurt with what she said. Faith frowned. She put the clothes down and held my hands as she walked out of the store tugging me along with her.

"Okay, thanks." She muttered to the lady silently but with dismayed voice before we finally stepped out of the store. We stopped for a moment. "I'm sorry Rachelle. I didn't know about the sizes of their clothes." I can see her eyes with tears about to peek. I hugged her.

"No, it's okay Faith. You don't have to say sorry." She looked so ashamed with what just happened. I felt sad about it. To brighten up the mood, I told her that we just have to choose another store. She agreed.

We walked around the mall searching. My eyes darted to a dress worn by a mannequin. It looked wonderful. It's an aquamarine colored dress with patterns of colorful patterns of flower below. It's tight on the upper part but is flared from the waist so it sways when you walk.

"You want that dress Rachelle?" I nodded. But as I take a look at the store from outside, through the glass, I can say that just like the first store we entered, those dresses were also made for petite ladies of my age. "Let's just go Faith."

We found another store. But this time, it's a store for plus-sized women. I bought a simple pink dress. I hope this will do. I can't be that picky when it comes to dresses. I don't even have that much choice considering my size.

It's almost six-thirty when we finished shopping.

"Dinner?" Faith asked.

"Where? My treat!" I said clapping like a child.

"No! My treat!" She objected. And pulled me to a Chinese restaurant on the first floor of the mall. "Let's sit here." We sat down.

"Why do you brought me here?" She looked at me.

"Because, I like this place." She smiled cheekily.

"Oh Faith, you like any restaurant." I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly." She winked. I'll be the one to order for you." Okay, so no questions asked. I like her when she goes demanding. It's always in a good way and a good time. Besides, i'm no good at choosing foods from the Chinese menu.

When our food arrived, holy cat! She ordered large amount of food that suits for five people and there's only two of us. I swallowed and cleared my throat. "Uhh, are we expecting company?" I put my hands on my stomach.

"Nope. Why?" There's that innocent Faith-y smile on her lips and her batting eyelashes.

"Are we going to eat, umm, all of these?" She laughed.

"Hahaha! Yes Rachelle. I knew you'd be surprised. But, I really eat like a pig! Haha. You may eat how much do you want to eat. I'll do the same." With that, she started eating.

"Damn. I'm so full." I burped. "Oh, sorry." She chuckled and I turn my glance at her. Wow, she's still eating. As she finished her plate, she drank a glass of water.