87 [Wedding Date]

Start from the beginning

One, you had never been in a relationship before and two, it was Lewis Redman; the first person you had ever loved. As you heard the doorbell ring, you let out a sigh. "Get yourself together, Y/N," you whispered as you adjusted your dress one last time. "It's just Lewis."

You opened the door slowly, as if you didn't want the night to start. When you had opened the door fully, you were able to take a good look at Lewis. He looked handsome in his dark blue suit and black tie and his hair was styled to perfection. You mentally sighed as you sent a smile his way.

"You look beautiful," he said as he gave you a small kiss on top of your forehead, something he always did. He placed his hand on your hip to make his way inside your apartment. "Uber will be here in five."

"Right," you tried to hide the face that you were shaking with nervousness as you continued speaking. "You look...attractive," you said awkwardly, making him laugh.

"Hey, loosen up a little," he told you, holding your hand comfortingly. "We're supposed to be dating, remember?"

You smiled, feeling relieved and more confident. "I do remember," you said eyeing him, your stare too playful for him to suppress a smile.  You pulled yourself into his embrace, his arms immediately snaking around your torso. "Just try not to kiss me too much tonight," you teased him, a smirk creeping onto your face. For a second, you felt that you could cut the sexual tension with a knife.

"I mean, I've managed to hold myself together for two years, I think I can manage twelve more hours," he chuckled as you realised what he actually said. Holding himself? What was that supposed to mean?

But before you could ask, his phone vibrated with a text. "Ride's here," he said, taking your hand in his. You grabbed your purse and you both made your way to the venue.

• • •

The wedding reception was beautiful. Different coloured flowers were seen everywhere, from the chairs to the ceiling. Seeing your friends again didn't make you feel as insecure as you had thought it would, mainly because you had Lewis by your side.

His arm never left your waist, and every now and then, he sneaked a few kisses on the top of your head. He was taking the fake-boyfriend role very seriously and at some points, you found yourself not being able to distinguish reality from acting. The truth was, you could get used to it. You could get used to Lewis having his arms around you all the time, always making sure you were alright, and most importantly, being by your side.

"Are you having fun?" You asked him, once you had finally sat down around the table. He had been chatting with some of your childhood friends, and they really seemed to be getting along.

"Actually, yeah," he said with a smile. You stared at him, getting lost in his brown eyes. "It's all about the company."

"Hey, can I say something crazy?" Lewis announced, breaking a moment of silence.

"Sure," you told him.

The sun was setting and the two of you had found yourselves having a few drinks outside. You were both sat on a bench, your legs resting on his. Almost everyone had left, but you and Lewis were enjoying being in each other's company's so much that you had lost track of time, talking about anything and everything that came to your mind.

Lewis looked away for a moment and took in a breath before facing you. "You know this whole thing is fake?"

You heart stopped momentarily. "Erm...yeah?"

"I only said yes to this because I actually want to be with you. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to ruin the friendship we have. After tonight, I couldn't not tell you."

You took your legs off and sat down on the bench normally. "R-Really?" You stuttered, looking at him intently. You searched his eyes for something, anything, to prove that he meant what he said. "Lewis, I feel the same."

Instead of replying, he cupped your face with his hand and placed his lips on yours. You were taken aback for a moment, before relaxing into the kiss. Your hand travelled to the collar of his shirt, then to the back of his head, where your hands were tangled in his hair. His fingers on your waist were gently pushing your body closer against his, but you were already getting closer by yourself.

It wasn't until you pulled away for air that you realized that not only had you been making out with someone in public, but that someone happened to be your best friend.

"I mean, I just couldn't get enough from being your fake boyfriend, could I?" He smirked. "I needed the whole package."

You laughed, happy to see that, for once, your feelings were mutual. You closed the gap between you again, pecking his lips shortly this time. When you pulled away, his eyes were still closed, and his lips were puckered.

"You idiot," you laughed, kissing him again.

He smiled into your lips. "I could get used to this."

"You better," you smiled.