65 [Caught Up, Part One]

Description: You and Lewis get into an argument over the Christmas holidays. Things escalate and you break up with him.
Author's note: All of my imagines have been straight fluff so I decided to switch it up a bit and do a different type of imagine. This could also be a two-parter, so let me know if you want that :)

• • •

Why you gotta get so caught up?
Overreacting all the time...

Thirteen days until Christmas and here Lewis and I were, in the Sidemen House, hanging out with friends. Except, instead of laughing and joking around like we usually do with our friends, Lewis and I were arguing. This was horrible. We had never fought like this and it pained me to think that this argument was during the Christmas season, which is supposed to be a happy and merry time.

"Why can't you just sit down and tell me? How am I supposed to fix it if you won't even tell me what I did?"

Apparently, I had done something wrong, but I had no idea what it was. Lewis was straight-up pissed and wouldn't tell me why. He wasn't letting me touch him and would yell at me whenever I questioned him. The result? Absolute fucking chaos.

"For fuck's sake, Y/N! Will you just shut up for five seconds? I can't even think with you running your goddamn mouth all the time!" Lewis yelled.

"Excuse me? What the hell is your problem, Lewis?" I replied, following Lewis who was walking towards the kitchen. "Huh? What is it? Why aren't you just telling me? Why don't you want to work this out and move on?"

Lewis opened the kitchen door and poured himself a glass of water. Luckily, everyone who was over The Sidemen House was outside, enjoying the snow so no one could hear our argument. Lewis leaned over the kitchen sink, his knuckles white from gripping the counter. Lewis' breathing was ragged and torn, his hair a mess from running his fingers through it.

"It's like you don't even care about us anymore! Why is nothing I do ever good enough for you?" I yelled as Lewis continued to ignore me. I wanted to sort this out so bad but I didn't know what caused it and why Lewis wouldn't tell me what it was that had caused him to get pissed off at me.

"WILL YOU JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP Y/N?" Lewis yelled. Time seemed to stand still as the glass Lewis was holding made contact with the wall, the little water that was left, spilling onto the floor.

The silence that followed that was deafening. The noise that everyone was making outside had stopped and they had their heads turned to the doors of the kitchen. I noticed that Tobi, Freya and Josh were looking at each other in confusion, having known Lewis and I the longest.

The silence in the room became even more apparent when a drop of blood mixed in with the spilt water on the floor. A piece of glass had grazed my arm and although it didn't need medical attention, the cut was still bad. Lewis stepped forward and reached a hand towards me.

"Y/N, I'm-" Lewis began to say as Freya and Josh ran into the kitchen.

"Don't touch me," I said as tears started to fall down my face. I backed up into Freya who was stood behind me and she looked at my arm in concern. She grabbed the first aid kit and sat me down.

"Baby, please I didn't mean-" Lewis persisted.

"I said don't touch me," I replied harshly, not looking Lewis in the eye.

Josh took Lewis out of the room and Freya began bandaging up my cut. "What happened, babe?" Freya asked as she wiped my arm with an alcoholic wipe, making me tense up a bit.

"Lewis was angry at me for some reason and I didn't know why. I persisted, wanting to know why as I don't think I did anything wrong," I told Freya. "Then he told me to shut the fuck up and threw the glass at the wall. A bit of glass cut my arm and now here we are."

"We all heard him yell at you," Freya put a dressing over my cut. "To be honest, it even scared a couple of people outside."

"I'm sorry we had to argue here, it didn't mean to happen." I apologised.

"Nah, it's okay. If it happened elsewhere, it could've escalated," Freya told me. "You're all bandaged up now."

"Thanks, Frey," I grinned. "But I'm going to go back to the flat now. Get some stuff packed and head to my parents for the holidays."

"You're not going to talk to Lewis?"

I shook my head. "I think it's best if we take a break."

"Alright, Y/N/N. Do you want me to tell him?" Freya asked.

"Yeah, please," I smiled. "I'll talk to him in time, but I can't bear to see his face now. All this because of something silly."

Freya smiled sadly, before seeing me to the door. Lewis and Josh were out in the main part of the house, talking by the stairs. I ignored Lewis, not wanting to look at him. I may have been acting pathetic but I had done nothing wrong, from what I know, anyway.

I hugged Freya goodbye and also said goodbye to Josh. "Tell the others I said goodbye and you can tell Lewis what I said once I've gone."

I walked out of the house and got into my car, driving off.