05 [These Four Walls]

*WARNING: Self-harm & suicide mentioned in this chapter*
Description: Tobi uploads a video that exposes your relationship with Lewis Redman and you end up getting hate which you thought you escaped when you left high school. Without thinking of the consequences, you self-harm and not long after, Lewis and Josh find you passed out in the bathroom.
Author's Note: Suicide is mentioned in this chapter, please don't read if this topic affects you or if you're going through a hard time. I promise you, it gets better and there is always someone you can talk to ❤️

• • •

You sat in the bathroom with the door locked and the soft, gentle sound of the bathwater running. You sat down with your back to the door. Your eyes that were bloodshot from crying, averted to your phone that flashed with a message from your boyfriend, Lewis Redman.

Lew💑💜: Hey baby, I'll be back soon. I'm just filming a video with the boys💖

You reached over to the counter and grabbed your phone, unlocking it. You looked at the YouTube video you were viewing, which was a vlog from your friend, Tobi. All of the comments were about you and Lewis getting caught kissing in the background. Tobi wasn't going to upload it due to you and Lewis' relationship being secret but you said it was okay.

Oh, how you regret that.

Although he didn't have his own channel yet, all of the comments were from die-hard Lewis fans calling you names. You thought you'd escaped the name-calling in high school, but it had come back to haunt you.

Reading through the comments again, the tears streamed down your face. Screaming in again, you smashed your phone on the ground causing it to smash into a million pieces just like how your heart feels at this moment in time.

You grabbed the silver blade from the floor, twiddling it in your fingers. No one would care, would they?

Little did you know that was far from the truth.

• • •

Lewis opened the door to the flat he shared with Y/N, hearing the water running. "Y/N?" He called, walking towards the bathroom. Looking down, Lewis saw the water soaking the hallway carpet.

"Y/N?" Lewis called again, this time with worry in his voice. Lewis opened the bathroom door but frowned when it was locked. Y/N never locked the bathroom door, he thought. Feeling the top of the door for the key, Lewis frowned when it wasn't there. The only option was to kick the door down.

"Lewis-" Josh said, coming into their flat. "Whoa, what's wrong?"

Lewis didn't notice the tears that were streaming down his cheeks out of worry and panic for Y/N. "Y/N, she-"

Josh noticed the wet carpet and knew that something wasn't right. The two friends kicked the door in until it broke under the force of kicks. Lewis gasped in shock when he saw his beloved girlfriend unconscious in a blood coloured bath, her beautiful skin now covered with open wounds.

"Call 999!" Lewis told Josh, who was already on it. He turned the taps off and pulled her lifeless body out of the bath. Lewis felt for a pulse putting his index and middle finger on her neck, just to the side of her windpipe and sighed in relief when he felt a slight pulse.

"The paramedics are on their way," Josh said.

"Can you get Y/N her favourite pyjamas?" Lewis asked, wanting to protect your modesty. Lewis wiped a tear away as Josh went into the room that Y/N and Lewis shared. "Y/N, please wake up, baby. I love you so much."

Shortly after, Josh came running back in, handing Lewis Y/N's favourite pyjama's. While Lewis put her pyjama's on, Josh waited outside for the paramedics.

• • •

Your eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the light. You looked down to see your left arm and the top of your thighs covered in bandages. You looked at your side and saw your boyfriend Lewis fast asleep. He looked shattered like he hadn't slept in days. Which was true, he was too busy worrying over you.

There were flowers and get well soon cards everywhere you looked. "Looks like people do care after all..." You mumbled.

Lewis jolted awake, immediately looking at you. "Y/N/N, you're awake," he kissed you multiple times, holding your cheeks. "Don't you ever do that again, baby girl, I love you so much and I was so worried!"

You smiled weakly at the ever-so-handsome boy in front of you. You went to grab some water from the jug of fresh water that was on the side, beside an empty plastic cup. Lewis gently swatted your hand away, pouring you out a glass. You took a sip, instantly feeling refreshed.

"Why did you do it?" Lewis asked, his voice soft and delicate.

"You see the vlog Tobi put out the other day, where you could see us kissing?" Lewis nodded, holding your cold hands. "Well, I went through the comments and I was getting a lot of hate. It's even transferred on to my social platforms. I thought I escaped it when I left high school, but obviously, it's come back."

"I'll put a tweet out but if it ever happens again, talk to me, baby. I love you."

"I love you too, Lew."