39 [Panic Attack]

39 [Panic Attack]
Description: After a night out you end up losing your friends, so decide to make your way home as you weren't enjoying yourself. You ended up walking home, knowing that calling an Uber would take ages, but when you noticed two men following you, you began to panic.
Author's Note: There may be some disturbing scenes, so please read with caution.

• • •

You were walking home from a night out barefoot, holding your heels in your hands. Somehow, you had lost your friends so decided to go home as you weren't having fun. Luckily, your flat wasn't that far from the nightclub - about a twenty-minute walk.

It was one in the morning and the streets were unnervingly quiet. You looked behind you to see two men following you. You recognized them eyeing you up from the club so like any girl would, you picked up your pace. Your heart raced as you heard them picking up their pace, too. It was safe to say that you were terrified.

By now, you were sprinting, the men hot on your trail. Soon enough, you were surrounded by the older guys. "Where you off to, beautiful?" One of them smirked at you. You knew they wanted something that you weren't about to give up.

"Please, I need to go home." You stuttered.

"Awh, why? We only just got you, sweetie." Another one purred in your ear, making goosebumps appear on your skin - and not the good kind of goosebumps. As one of them tried to take your dress off, you screamed in terror.

"Shut up!" He growled but that just made you scream more. He pulled out a pocket knife, pressing the cold metal against your skin. "You move, you die."

You gulped, looking at the shiny object pressed against your skin. Is tonight the night I'm going to die? You thought.

"OI!" You heard a group of guys call.

Out of shock, the men ran away leaving you there with your dress pulled up, exposing skin. You sobbed as you pulled the material down to cover yourself. A couple of the boys ran past you, while two stayed.

"Are you alright?" A bearded man asked.

You couldn't say anything, you were paralysed with shock and fear. "I-I..." You tried to say. You knew a panic attack was coming on. Your heart was racing, you felt very dizzy and had a shortness of breath.

"She's having a panic attack," another guy said. "Listen, you need to breathe. Josh, get her some water from the house."

Once he came back with a glass of water in his hand you had pretty much calmed down. The other guys that ran off to get the men came back with their knuckles bruised and bleeding. You had a sip of water, your hands shaking as you did so.

"We chased them until the end of the road and threw a couple of punches."

"You didn't have to do that." You told them, holding one of the guys' hands and staring at how bad it was. His bleached hair was spiked up and the other guy wore a bandana around his head.

"We couldn't leave you on your own," the guy with a bandana said.

"Do you live down this road or do you live somewhere else?" The bearded man asked you.

"Well, I thought I lived down here but looking at the area, it doesn't look familiar..." You said, confused how you ended up here.

"If you want to, because it's late, you can stay with us?" He told you. "It's half past one now and you look really tired."

"Are you sure it's okay with you? I could call my friends..." You turned on your phone but it was completely dead. "Great, my phone is dead."

"You can stay with us. We only live there." One of the guys pointed to a large house, and you nodded, struggling to stand up. Two of the boys helped you up and each told you their names.

"I'm Josh," the bearded man said.

"I'm Simon," the tall, spiky-haired man smiled.

"I'm JJ," the one with a black bandana added.

"And I'm Lewis." You looked at Lewis, realising how attractive he was, but you pushed the thoughts to the back of your head as it wasn't the right time to think like that. "I don't live with the guys, but I'm over the house a lot."

From that moment on, you became really good friends with all of them, becoming very close to Lewis in particular.