48 [Nobody Like You]

Description: You haven't seen your Lewis after your breakup two months ago but when you go back to your local football pitch for a quick game of football with your best friend, you run into him again. You realise how much you miss him and feelings return.

• • •

Knocking softly on the door, my roommate and best friend Leigh walked in. "Have you finished editing?"

I diverted my attention away from the finished video and to Leigh. "Yeah, it's just rendering. Why?"

"Wanna go over to the local pitch?" She asked. Only then was it that I realised she was wearing sportswear and had a football in her hand.

"Yeah, sure! Let me just get ready," I grinned, leaving my computer on so the video could render while I changed into an appropriate outfit. "I'll be out in ten."

Leigh nodded, walking out. I changed into a white crop top, a pair of sports leggings and a random jumper I found hanging on the back of my door. I pulled on a pair of trainers before grabbing my phone.

 I pulled on a pair of trainers before grabbing my phone

I walked into the kitchen, taking out a bottle of water. "You ready?" I asked Leigh who was sprawled out on the sofa in the living room, on her phone.

Leigh looked up and nodded, getting up and also grabbing a bottle of water and the football. "We haven't played football in ages. It's gonna be good to go out again." I locked the door and we began walking to the local football pitch.

• • •

Once we arrived at the pitch, Leigh and I walked over to one half because there was a group of boys playing and seeing as there was only two of us, we didn't need two goals; we were just going to be doing penalties.

I took my jacket off, putting it beside the goal with my water bottle. "I'm gonna kick your ass!" I grinned at her.

"Alright Y/L/N, we'll see about that."

After about half an hour, I was winning and Leigh looked like she was going to pass out any second. I kicked the ball towards her but hit it with too much power. It went to the other side of the pitch, where the boys still were. "You can get that. I'm tired," Leigh fell to the ground dramatically, causing me to roll my eyes.

"You're so dramatic," I jogged over to where the ball was, picking it up and turning back before I heard one of the guys call my name.

"Y/N!" Turning back around, I saw Callum Airey, also known as Calfreezy, who lived in the same tower as me. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm good just playing a bit of football with Leigh," I looked at Leigh who was still on the ground breathing heavily.

"She looks dead," Callum laughed.

"Well, she's up against the best," I shrugged, laughing slightly.

"That's true," Callum also laughed. "How are you holding up?"

"Holding up?" I asked confused.

Callum looked behind him and whispered, "With the breakup?"

"It's hard, but I'm just trying to focus on YouTube," I smiled at the tall blonde in front of me.

"Congrats on hitting a million by the way! I'm proud of you," Callum hugged me and I heard my name called again.

"Y/N!" This time it was Simon, who I've known the longest. We've been friends since we were little kids but I hadn't seen him in ages. "How are you? I've missed you!"

Simon ran over and picked me up, causing me to laugh. "I'm alright."

"Congratulation on one million! We should go out and celebrate!"

"Oh, no. We don't need to do-"

I got cut off by a familiar voice calling my name. "Y/N?"

Looking behind Cal, I saw Lewis. "We'll leave you two to talk..."

Simon and Callum left, going towards Leigh, who was still on the floor. "What happened to us?" I asked Lewis.

"Honestly, Y/N, I don't know. But what I do know is that I miss you like hell. I've tried to send a text but before I hit send, I delete it. I know we only dated for a while but I loved you and still do."

I looked up at Lewis, my eyes shining brightly. "Really?"

"Yeah, of course. There's nobody like you." He grinned at me.