82 [Lie Detector]

82 [Lie Detector]
Description: When Calfreezy invites you to film a video with him and Lewis, you're all for it until you find out that it's one of his lie detector videos. Because you know cal very well, you know he has a question up his sleeve and your feelings for Lewis end up getting exposed.
Author's Note: I've been obsessed with Calfreezy's lie detector videos recently (because he's my fave) so I thought it would be a cool idea to interpret that into an imagine. Also, the video Freya did with Lewis yesterday had me SHOOK; it was such a good video and Lewis looked amazing like always 😍 be sure to check it out on Freya's channel if you haven't already! x

• • •

As you sat in Calfreezy's flat that he shared with Callux and Harry, you took a deep breath. Your hands were sweating and no matter how desperately you tried to dry them off on your Sidemen leggings, it just kept getting worse.

Callum had decided that it would be a fun idea to get you and Lewis in one of his videos, and of all the video ideas he could've done, he decided to go with the lie detector test. You knew that by the look on Cal's face he had some juicy questions that you were not prepared to answer. You had been excited about the idea until you saw the look on Cal's face. He never filmed with Lewis, and when he did, it was a group video. You knew that he chose you two because he was the first to know about your feelings for Lewis (seeing as you were closest with him out of all of your friends) and that he would definitely slide in a question or two about your feelings for him.

"Okay, Lewis is up next," Cal announced after being unhooked from the machine. Cal had done pretty well considering he went first. As he sat beside you while Lewis was getting hooked up to the lie detector, he grabbed his phone and opened the notes app.

By the time that Lewis' turn was over, you felt a lot calmer. Cal hadn't asked him if he had feelings for you, so you clung onto the hope that he wouldn't ask you if you had feelings for him. "And it's finally your turn Y/N," Cal said. You stood up walking over to the seat that Lewis previously sat in, your heartbeat beginning to pick up. You took a deep breath - hoping it came off more as a joke than as genuine terror - and slowly walked over to the chair.

"Y/N you look so scared," Cal pointed out jokingly, causing Lewis to laugh. You laughed along with them even though you hadn't found it nearly as entertaining as they did.

Cal unlocked his phone and looked up at you. He asked a few basic questions so that the lie detector guy knew when you were lying and when you were telling the truth, then Cal went onto the juicy questions.

It carried on smoothly, for the most part, and for every question that the two boys asked you, you would reply honestly. However, when the dreaded question came up, your heart dropped before you had even answered. "Wait, I have a question that I haven't written down," Cal said, locking his phone. He looked at you with his evil smirk. "Y/N, are you in love with Lewis?"

The room was so silent, you could hear a pin drop. You immediately looked over at Lewis who was looking at you like he was terrified of your answer, even though he was trying really hard not to show it.

"No," you tried to keep everything the same, hoping to cheat the test.

"That's a lie," the man said.

Your eyes hadn't left Lewis'. He had the blankest expression on his face and you wished he would show some kind of expression so you could know what he was thinking right about now. "Can I please get out of this thing now?" You asked, not waiting for an answer as you were already beginning to unhook yourself from the machine.

You left the room and went to Cal's bedroom which was kind of yours too - not because there was anything romantic going on between the two of you, you were just close and half of your stuff had ended up there anyway.

You locked the door behind you and threw yourself on his bed like a little girl who had just gotten her heartbroken for the first time - but that was just the thing, you didn't give him time to break your heart. You were just humiliated more than anything.

It wasn't long before you heard a soft knock on the door, but you didn't say anything. You wanted space for a while and really didn't want anybody to hear your voice as weak as you knew it was; you already felt pathetic enough. "Hey, Y/N? Can I come in?" You heard Cal say softly.

Instead of speaking, you got up and shuffled your feet across the floor to get to the door, unlocking it and opening it while trying to dry whatever tears you had on your cheeks. By the way that Cal was looking at you, you knew that he regretted what he had done. But you weren't mad or annoyed at him, he was your best friend. He brought you in for a hug, his tall frame no match to your petite one.

You began to walk out of the room, towards the bathroom but Cal set his hand on your shoulder to stop you. "Lewis is still here," he spoke softly but it wasn't technically a whisper. "Once you left, he went to the bathroom. He looked terrified."

I nodded. "I have to speak to Lewis at some point, so I might as well get it over and done with now."

You began walking again, hoping he was still in the bathroom. No matter how terrified you were, you knew you needed to talk about it now that the cat was out of the bag.

Once you made it to the bathroom you noticed that the door was closed. You didn't allow yourself to think twice before knocking. "Lewis?" Your voice was slowly recovering from crying and you wouldn't allow yourself to cry again until after you talked to him.

You heard the tap turn on and then turn back off, and then the door opened. "Hi," he greeted you with a weaker voice than usual as if he had just gotten the air knocked out of him.

The two of you just stood in silence, not breaking eye contact. Almost like you believed you could communicate that way and it was times like these that made you wish you could. "Look, what happened back there..."

He inhaled deeply and nodded slowly like he was just now beginning to comprehend that it was actually something that had happened. "Yeah..."

"It is true. I've had a crush on you for a while now, actually. Cal just wanted to get that out there for me, I guess," you forced an awkward chuckle. This time his face did show a little more expression - a smile appeared across his lips like he was genuinely happy about this.

"It's a shame they didn't ask me the same question," he leaned against the doorframe, running a hand through his messy brown hair. Everything about him made you giddy.

"What ask if you were in love with yourself?"

He laughed and stood up from the doorframe then, inching towards you ever-so-slightly, "No, if I was in love with you. Because it would have said that I was."

Your breath hitched in your throat at that and before you could come up with a witty reply, you felt his lips crash against yours. You had pictured this so many times before but he was ten times better than what you had imagined. You smiled against his lips and pulled him closer, never wanting to leave this moment.

But not long after, you were interrupted by a couple of 'awes'. You turned around to see that Cal was there, with Harry, Callux and Sarah. You didn't even care; you wanted to shout it from the rooftops.

The two of you were in love with each other, everyone in the world deserved to know.