87 [Wedding Date]

87 [Wedding Date]
Description: When you get invited to your best friends wedding, you refuse to go without a date. You ask Lewis to pretend to be your date, not thinking about how much it's going to change your friendship. But does it change for better, or for worse?
Author's Note: This isn't the best imagine but I wanted to get something out as my updates have been really rubbish lately. Thanks to those who have still been reading despite my lack of updates!

• • •

Weddings were something you always used to enjoy. Seeing two people who were in love, tying the knot was one of the very few things that could make you cry. However, as time passed and you grew older, they stopped being so joyful.

Eventually, your friends started to attend events with their significant others and being the only one who didn't have anybody to bring, started to dawn on you. Insecurities rose almost overnight: were you not good enough to get a boyfriend that you could bring to weddings? Or were you not good enough to get a boyfriend at all?

You thought you sounded so desperate and felt so small, that eventually,  you stopped going to any wedding that you were invited to. That was until you received the wedding invitation you had been dreading.

"I'm not going," you said aloud, shaking your head as you paced back and forth. "All my childhood friends will be there and I'm just... No. There's no chance I'm going," you said to yourself. Meanwhile, your best friend Lewis sat on your sofa, his eyes following you as you paced up and down your living room, talking to yourself.

"Y/N, she's your best friend," Lewis said. "It's okay if you bring no date. Since when do you need a man to make a presence?"

And although Lewis was right, you couldn't stop thinking about what your childhood friends and their mothers would think. Insecurities from your teenage years clouded your mind and you weren't willing to let that happen.

You threw the wedding invitation towards Lewis just as a glowing light bulb appeared above your head. "You're coming with me," you said, more as an obligation rather than an invitation.

"What?" Lewis laughed. "I mean, sure, but are you really that desperate?"

You rolled your eyes, sitting down next to him on your plush, white sofa. "Lewis, you're my best friend and I really need to make a good impression on them."

When he looked at you, you pouted and gave him those puppy eyes that he was so weak for. "Don't look at me like that, Y/N/N. I've already said yes," he told you, a smile appearing on his face. "But you do realise that we'll have to pretend that we're dating, right?"

"Yeah," you said, trying to hide the fact that you were blushing furiously. "I mean, it's just for a night. We'll be alright."

But the truth was, even though you thought you could pretend to be dating Lewis for a few hours, you knew deep down that you definitely couldn't.

Lewis had been your best friend since University and it didn't take you long to fall for him. It wasn't his chocolate brown eyes that turned golden when the sun hit them, nor was it his looks. It was how he treated you, how special and happy he made you feel. You knew you were in for a dangerous ride falling for him, yet you couldn't stop yourself from wanting to be more than a friend to him as each day passed.

Now as you looked at your reflection in the mirror, wearing a pale blue mid-length dress and with your hair cascading down your back, you weren't so sure that you could act like a girlfriend to him anymore. At first, it sounded like a good idea, then it hit you that couples actually kiss and hold each other. Would you be able to kiss Lewis without hurting yourself even more in the process? The answer was no.