79 [Confrontation, Part Two]

Description: After Lewis hears you tell Tobi that you like him, he confronts you.
Author's Note: This is the second part to 'I Can't Make You Love Me'. The ending is a bit rubbish, but I hope you like it anyway x

• • •

"Y/N, you're clearly not fine," Tobi said to Y/N, standing up and sitting beside her.

Lewis stopped, listening into the serious conversation his two best friends were having. Y/N seemed fine earlier, Lewis thought. "Tell me what's wrong," Tobi added.

"Lewis. That's what's wrong," Y/N stated, causing Lewis to raise his eyebrows in complete confusion. Lewis hid behind the corner, suddenly interested in the conversation. Although Lewis felt bad for eavesdropping, he wanted to know why Y/N was upset and what he had done to make Y/N cry. "Er, long story short I'm in love with him."

Lewis' jaw dropped. Y/N, his best friend of over twenty years, is in love with him? Lewis also had feelings for Y/N, but never said anything because they made a pact when they were seven: to never date each other and to never fall in love with each other. Yeah, the two of them had shared a few kisses here and there, but Lewis thought they were meaningless to Y/N.

"You're in love with him?" Tobi asked Y/N causing Lewis to look up. "Since when?"

"I don't know, Tobi," Y/N sighed heavily, running a hand through her hair. "I noticed the feelings about a year ago, but I think they've been there since we were fifteen. He doesn't love me back though, so I suppose I should move on."

"Why are you so sure of that?" Tobi asked, raising his eyebrow. Lewis' heartbeat quickened, thinking that Tobi was going to tell Y/N that Lewis also had a crush on her, but luckily Y/N interrupted.

"Have you seen him tonight? Making out with a girl he barely even knows? You would think that if he loved me, or even liked me, he would be spending time with me, his supposed 'best friend'. He doesn't even care about me anymore," Y/N yelled and Lewis instantly felt bad. He was making out with the random girl to try and attempt to move on from Y/N because he thought she didn't love him in the way that he loved her. Now he knew the truth he could talk to her about it.

"I'm taking you home," Tobi told Y/N. Tobi and Y/N made their way towards the club, Lewis hid behind the door, hoping that Y/N or Tobi didn't see him. The two of them walked past him completely oblivious to the fact that Lewis had just heard everything.

• • •

( THE NEXT DAY )

My door knocked and I groaned, pressing my face further into my pillow in hopes for the knocking to stop but it didn't. Instead of stopping, the knocking persisted and I got out of bed, pulling my dressing gown around me. I sluggishly walked over to the door, opening it. My hair was a mess, sticking up in all different directions and I definitely had mascara under my eyes but I didn't care: it was nine in the morning on a Sunday. Who on earth would be knocking at nine in the morning on a Sunday?

Yawning while opening the door, I saw Lewis stood there. My eyes widened and I slammed the door in his face. "Y/N, open the door! I need to talk to you."

"I look like shit, Lewis. You could've given me a warning before coming over!" I replied, trying to attempt to look decent. Looking in the mirror beside my door, I ran my hands through my hair to make it look a little bit better but it just made it look worse.

"Y/N, we've been friends for over twenty years, I've seen you look worse than that," I heard Lewis sigh and I could imagine him rolling his eyes. "You don't even look bad."

I groaned loudly and opened the door again, letting Lewis in. "Do you want a drink or anything?" Lewis shook his head, so I made myself a cup of tea. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Last night," Lewis replied. I paused, did Tobi tell Lewis what happened? No, Tobi wouldn't do that. Did he see me crying?

"Last night?" I questioned, acting as if nothing had happened. "What happened last night?"

"I saw you outside with Tobi," Lewis replied. "Why were you crying?"

"Oh, um...I stubbed my toe and Tobi was taking my mind off of it," I lied.

"You've changed so much," Lewis said and I raised my head, looking him in the eyes.

I raised my eyebrow. "What do you mean I've changed?"

"You're lying straight to my face, Y/N! I heard everything you said to Tobi last night. I can't believe you thought I don't even care about you anymore!"

"How much did you hear?" I stuttered, hoping that he didn't hear about my crush on him.

"I heard everything," Lewis said.

"I'm sorry, I was drunk and I-" I got cut off by Lewis walking over to me.

He put his hands on my cheeks and pressed his soft lips to my chapped ones. Pressing his forehead against mine once we pulled away, he looked me straight in the eye. "I love you too."