09 [Surprises]

09 [Surprises]
Description: While your boyfriend Lewis is away in Las Vegas with his friends, you're at the apartment you share with him, feeling ill. Freya comes over and you find out the reason why you're ill. Lewis comes home a few days later and you both end up having a surprise for each other.

• • •

You had been feeling ill for the past couple of days while your boyfriend, Lewis Redman, was away in Vegas with his friends. He'd been away for almost two weeks now and would be home this week, something you have been waiting for since the moment you said goodbye to him at the airport.

Leaning over the toilet for the fourth time today, you called up your best friend Freya to let her know that you wouldn't be meeting her as you had planned to go out for lunch together. "Hey, Freya," you mumbled into the phone as she picked up the phone.

"Hey Y/N, are you OK?" She asked, noticing the sound of your drained voice. "You sound ill."

"I am. I've been hanging over the toilet for the past ten minutes-" you stopped as you threw up again. "Could you come over and help me out?" You asked Freya, feeling like you were going to pass out from exhaustion.

"Get yourself all cosied up in bed and mummy Freya will be over in ten," you laughed as Freya had always been the mum of the group, making sure everyone was okay.

No more than ten minutes later, you heard the front door open and then close again. You were sat in bed, watching YouTube videos that had Lewis in. You missed him so much; you needed to see his face and hear his laugh again.

You were watching Simon's Las Vegas vlog that he had just uploaded. "And here's Lewis, probably texting his girlfriend, Y/N," Simon rolled his eyes, jokingly. In the background of the shot, you could see Lewis typing on his phone, a Cheshire cat smile on his face. His eyes lit up like a thousand stars and as you took in how gorgeous Lewis looked, you didn't hear Freya come into your room.

"You're like a lovesick puppy." Freya laughed wholeheartedly.

"I am not. I just miss my baby, that's all." You pouted, pausing the video on Lewis' face. You took a screenshot, then posted it on twitter. A lot of fans shipped the two of you, as you have been going out since high school.

You captioned the picture: Missing my one and only more than anything 😩 at least I have mummy Freya here to brighten my spirits and make me feel better 🤗☀️

You then turned to Freya who smiled at you. You noticed a Tesco carrier bag in her hand, indicating that she made a pit stop at the shop on the way here. "Ooh, did you get ice cream? I could do with some right now."

"Yes I did, but before I let you delve into the tub, I want you to take a test," Freya told you, seriousness written across her face.

"A test? Like, a math test? Because I lost all knowledge of that the second I left school," you laughed.

"Not that sort of test," Freya pulled out a pregnancy test and your eyes widened. You hadn't thought of the reason why you were nauseous and feeling exhausted all the time. You just pushed it to the back of your mind, thinking it was something bad that you had eaten. "Is there a chance you could be pregnant?" Freya waved the box around and you sighed in defeat.

"If I am... pregnant... what am I going to do? Lewis isn't ready for a kid, he's barely out of that stage himself!" You laughed a little, thinking of all the times Lewis had acted at least half his age.

"Don't think about that just yet, let's just see if you are first," Freya told you handing you three tests. "Pee on all of them, if they all come up with the same answer there's a 99% chance that you are pregnant. I also got you a can of your favourite fizzy drink in case you don't have to go."

"Thank you, Freya. You're an amazing friend." You grinned, taking the items from her and going into your bathroom.

A few minutes after you took the tests, you and Freya both waited patiently, sitting on the edge of the bathtub. "What does it say, Frey? I'm too scared to look!" You panicked, biting your nails. You had a habit of doing this when you were in nervous situations. Freya looked at the tests, then looked at you, then back at the tests.

"Looks like you're going to be a mum, Y/N!" Freya smiled.

You sat on the edge of the bath, with shock, fear and happiness bubbling up inside you. Shock because you were surprised that you were actually pregnant; fear because you didn't know if you and Lewis were ready for a baby; and happiness because you always wanted children with Lewis.

"Y/N?" Freya asked. "You blanked out completely there."

"Just all these emotions are flowing through me. But it looks like I'm gonna be a mum!" You smiled, with Freya squealing in delight.

• • •

It had been three days since you found out you were pregnant, and in those three days you had gone to the doctors to double check that you were definitely pregnant. The test had come back positive and you couldn't wait to tell Lewis.

"How's my baby girl doing?" You heard a familiar voice say.

Is Lewis back already? You thought.

"Lewis!" You yelled in delight, running up to him as he walked into the bedroom you two shared. Catching you in his arms, you nuzzled into his neck, happy that he was back. "You're back early."

"As soon as I found out you weren't feeling well, I got the earliest flight out." You leant back, looking at him with a huge smile on your face. "And, I missed you too much." He mumbled, embarrassed by the fact that he was whipped.

"Hey...I have some news for you," you told Lewis, the conversation turning serious. He looked scared and unsure of what you were about to tell him.

"I've got something to say, too," he replied, sitting down on the living room sofa with you. "I know this isn't the most romantic of all places, but Y/F/N Y/L/N would you do me the honour of being my wife?" He asked you, getting down on one knee with a pretty diamond ring in a small, velvet box.

You, being all hormonal, burst into tears, nodding. "Y-yes!" He put the ring on your finger and you grabbed his soft cheeks, pulling him in for a kiss.

"What did you want to tell me?" Lewis asked, after a minute of staring into each other's eyes with love.

"Oh, yeah. Um, well I found out the reason why I've been feeling so sick and tired..." He looked at you, nodding for you to go on. "It turns out that I'm almost two months pregnant."

"What? Babe, that's amazing!" Lewis smiled, looking down at your tummy. He placed his hands on it and smiled. "We're going to have a little football player in there."

"Lew, we don't know the gender yet," you laughed.

"Hey, don't discriminate. Girls can be football players too!"

You smiled in awe at Lewis who was talking to your tummy. You knew that Lewis was going to be an amazing dad and you were going to be the best mum you could ever be.