46 [Colour - Soulmate AU]

46 [Colour — Soulmate AU]
Description: Before you meet your soulmate, everything is black and white. You have matching tattoos of each other's first name initial and when the other is asleep and dreaming of you, the tattoo lights up and you're not able to sleep. However, when you meet your soulmate, you can finally see colour and your tattoo lights up.

• • •

Today was your first day at your new job, Sidemen Clothing and you hadn't received any sleep whatsoever. You wanted to be refreshed for this job as it was your first job in over a year. You decided you couldn't do anything about it now, so you made your way to work, with your hair in two messy braids, eyes barely able to stay open.

In a short half-hour drive (which felt like hours) you had arrived at the warehouse and walked in to be met by Freya, the lovely blonde-haired girl that had interviewed you. "Hey, Y/N," she smiled, looking at you. "Oh gosh, you looked shattered. Is it your soulmate?"

"Yeah," you laughed uncertainly. "I wanted to feel refreshed for today as it's my first day and I couldn't get any sleep."

"Aw, well if you need a break, let me know and I'll allow it this time," she smiled kindly at you, which lifted a weight off your shoulders.

"Thank you so much," you grinned before Freya showed you what she was doing. She helped you and you quickly got the hang of processing orders, fitting right in.

After a couple of hours, you and Freya had finished a majority of the orders and decided to take a little break. Freya looked at the time on her phone. "Ugh, Lewis is meant to be here by now."

"Who's Lewis?" You asked as you took a sip of your water.

"Oh, he works here as well and he's late. He's normally late for most things, but he's never late for work," Freya explained. "I'm gonna call-"

Before Freya could finish her sentence, a guy rushed in, his dark brown hair dishevelled. He also looked tired. "Freya, I'm so sorry I'm late. I slept in."

You and Lewis both caught each other's eyes causing you to feel a weird feeling. You looked down at your soulmate tattoo, which was a small letter with a heart next to it. As you did so, you realised that the letter was a small 'L'.

Was your soulmate Lewis?

"Hiya, I'm Lewis," he held his hand out for you to shake and as you did so, he caught sight of your tattoo which was now lighting up. He looked down at his tattoo, which you realised had your initial on it. Simultaneously, you looked at each other and your vision became fuzzy as did his.

You squeezed your eyes shut hoping for the fuzziness to go away but when you reopened them, you were met by colour. "You're my-"

"Soulmate." Lewis finished.

You embraced him in a hug, hearing Freya awe in the background. "Now you can finally get sleep, Y/N!"

"I'm so sorry about that. Last night I fell asleep because I tried to stay awake the past few weeks so you could sleep."

You looked down and smiled. "Thank you."

"Anyway, let's get back to work. We have so much to do!" Freya clapped, getting your attention. You all got back to work, the smile not leaving you or Lewis' face.