67 [It's Tradition]

67 [It's Tradition]
Description: Where you and Lewis find yourselves under the mistletoe at a family gathering.
Author's note: Seeing as you guys absolutely loved the first mistletoe imagine, here's another one.

• • •

My family had been very close to the Redman family for as long as I could remember. Seeing as our mums had been best friends since secondary school, I grew up spending a lot of time with Lewis as we were both the only child. By the time we were in secondary school, Lewis and I were completely inseparable, considering we were the same age. I loved going over to their house or have Lewis come over to mine. Since we never went to the same school, we found it hard to see each other but we always made it work. Now that I had moved out of my family home and lived on my own, I often had Lewis come over for a meal or even just to hang out and catch up. The Redman's were like a second family to me, even if sometimes, I wished it was a little more with Lewis.

Somewhere along the line of becoming friends with Lewis, I began falling for him, and I fell for him hard; and because I was very certain that the feelings weren't reciprocated, I convinced myself that I would be content just as friends.

This Christmas, my parents and I were invited over to their house. This was a tradition we had every year where we would go over to each other's and celebrate Christmas together, seeing as we were all so close.

It was 12:30 when we arrived at Lewis' family home. I was dressed in a Christmas jumper with a pair of plain black leggings. My hair was loosely curled and my makeup was done nicely, a bit more glam than it usually was.

When the door opened, revealing Lewis' parents, his mum engulfed me in a hug. "You look lovely, Y/N," she smiled. "Lewis is in the living room."

Lewis was seated on the sofa and jumped up the minute he saw me. Mine and Lewis' parents were talking to each other at the front door, so I was able to greet Lewis alone. He met me in the doorway to the living room and wrapped me in a big hug.

"Happy Christmas," he said in my ear.

"Happy Christmas," I said back, hoping he couldn't hear my heart beating out of my chest.

"Oh, look at that!" My mum said as the four of them appeared. "Y/N and Lewis are under the mistletoe!"

Lewis and I both looked up and, sure enough, a piece of mistletoe was hanging from the ceiling. I blush and looked down. I knew our mum's had set this up - they had wanted us to get together the minute we knew how to walk.

"Go on," Lewis' dad laughed. "Kiss her. It's a tradition."

"Oh, I don't think-" Lewis began to say.

"Go on, Lewis," my dad said, a small smirk on his face. "It's tradition. You can't break tradition."

Lewis and I looked at each other, awkwardly. Lewis shrugged. "It's tradition," he repeated with a small smile. I laughed back lightly and stood on my tiptoes to place my lips to Lewis'. Our lips were against each other's for a moment, and if he hadn't heard my heart beating earlier, I was sure he would now. I pulled away, hearing cheers from our parents before they walked over to the tree in the living room, continuing the conversations they were having before. I immediately looked down so I wasn't looking at Lewis, because I knew if I looked he would see how red my face was.

"I think it's time to open presents," I said quietly. Lewis just nodded, so both of us went to join our families around the tree.

• • •

Once we had finished opening presents, our parents went into the kitchen to prepare dinner, so it was just Lewis and me in the living room, the Christmas music playing softly in the background. I was messaging a couple of friends a Merry Christmas, so Lewis and I sat in a comfortable silence until he spoke up.

"Y/N?" Lewis said. I looked up, encouraging him to continue. "About earlier..."

"Earlier?" I asked, knowing full well what Lewis was talking about.

"You know," he said, "under the mistletoe?"

I bit my lip and looked back at my phone, trying to avoid this conversation but Lewis took it out of my grasp, placing it in his pocket so I couldn't get it back.

"There's a lot I've been wanting to tell you and I think that kiss said it all for me." I finally looked up at him. He was smiling gently at me, almost hesitantly, like he was afraid I wouldn't smile back. "Do you get what I'm saying?" He asked.

"I-I don't know," I stuttered back.

"Y/N, I'm really glad we were under the mistletoe," he said. "I've been wanting to kiss you for a very long time."

"Me too," I mumbled.

I was smiling now, my cheeks as red as Santa's suit, looking down as if my hands were the most interesting thing in the room. Lewis put his fingers under my chin and made me look back up at him. Then, he pressed a very small kiss to my lips. "Merry Christmas, Y/N," he said when he pulled away.

"Merry Christmas, Lewis."