62 [Snow and Surprises]

description: you and Lewis play in the snow with your one-year-old baby girl and he surprises you.
author's note: I know a lot of my christmas imagines are quite similar, but I promise they'll change up a bit soon :)

• • •

My boyfriend, Lewis, and I had welcomed a beautiful baby girl a little over a year ago. I was excited about the upcoming Christmas festivities because my little girl would be more aware of what was happening. She had just started walking and babbling words, making me realise how fast this year has gone by.

It was a few days prior to Christmas when I woke up early one morning. I checked on Emma who was fast asleep before heading down to the kitchen to start on some breakfast for the three of us.

Once I had put the kettle on, I opened the curtains in the living room and saw that the ground was white, completely covered in a layer of snow. Snowflakes were still falling and I felt giddy as it rarely snows in London, especially at Christmas time.

I quickly ran back into the bedroom and jumped onto Lewis, causing him to let out a big "oomph".

"Jesus Christ, Y/N. What's got you so excited?" he groaned as you sat on your side of the bed.

"It's snowing!" you smiled. "And it's Emma's first experience of snow! I can't wait to take her out in it. So get your ass up!"

"Is she even up?" He laughed.

"Not yet, but she will be soon," you said. "Which means you need to get up before she does so that as soon as she's up we can get her dressed and outside."

"Ugh fine," he groaned, getting up.

• • •

About an hour later, I was wrapping up Emma in clothes to keep her warm. She whined as I pulled yet another jacket on her - she looked like a little snowman all wrapped up.

"Babe, she's gonna tip over with all that weight," Lewis laughed.

"Hey, it's not that much," I said. "Besides our little baby needs to stay warm out there."

"Ready to go play in the snow, Ems?" Lewis smiled kneeling down to her height.

She smiled widely and reached her arms out to him. He smiled picking her up and kissing her cheek before carrying her outside. I followed behind them, smiling at the cute sight in front of me. As soon as we all went outside, she gasped and started moving around in Lewis' arms.

"I think she's excited," I laughed fixing her little scarf so that it covered her up a bit more.

Lewis smiled and put her down in the snow, her little boots sinking down in the few inches of snow that had already piled up. Emma giggles stomping her little feet while Lewis held her hands to make sure she didn't fall over.

"What do you think of the snow, Ems?" Lewis smiled down at her.

She looks up at him with wide eyes and dramatically babbles away. I giggled taking out my phone to take pictures as Lewis helps Emma walk through the snow.

After a while, he hands her to me so he can start rolling up some snow to build a snowman. I laughed as I watched him trekking all over the backyard as Emma clapped her little hands in delight.

"Daddy's building us a snowman," I smiled. "Or trying at least..."

"Hey! I heard that!" Lewis groaned picking up the second ball of snow and putting it on the bottom one.

I laughed and as soon as the snowman was complete, I walked over and the two of us took turns helping Emma 'dress' the snowman. Once everything was on the snowman, the three of us all stood back and looked at it.

"Perfect," Lewis smiled.

"Here, stand with her and I'll take a picture," I beamed, looking at my two favourite people.

Lewis took Emma over to the snowman and I started snapping pictures. "Oh, wait, what's this?" Lewis asked.

"What's what?" I asked, looking at him.

He reached over to the snowman and took something into his grasp. "It's shiny, come and look," he said.

I walked over and looked down into the palm of his gloved hand. Laying in the middle of his palm was the most gorgeous ring I've ever seen in my entire life. I looked up at him shocked and next thing you know, he bends down on one knee.

"Baby, I love you so much," he whispered. "You're an amazing mother and girlfriend, which is why I want to make you an amazing wife if you'll have me. Will you marry me?"

Tears mixed with melting snowflakes fell down my cheeks. "I, uh... I... yes," I cried, struggling to get the words out because I was in surprise. "Of course."

Lewis took off my glove and slid the ring on my finger, pressing his lips against mine. Emma giggled as she wrapped her arms around his leg.

• • •

Eventually, the three of us went back inside. Once I had taken all the layers off Emma, she soon fell asleep in Lewis' arms. I smiled walking over, handing him a mug of hot chocolate as soon as I sat down next to him. Christmas music softly played in the background, along with the soft sound of Emma sleeping. Lewis and I both looked out of the window, watching the snow continue to fall and cover the ground.

"How long have you planning this?" I asked looking at my ring.

"Since the day I met you," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "I highly doubt that."

"Okay, maybe not then, but I knew right away in our relationship that I'd marry you one day," he whispered. "But it wasn't until after we had our little one, that it felt like the time was right. I would have popped the question sooner, but I didn't know when the perfect moment was, until this morning when you woke me up... I looked outside and knew today was the perfect moment. I'm just glad you said yes."

"Of course I would have said yes," I smiled. "I'd say yes a million times if you asked me."

He smiled leaning over to kiss me. I smiled into the kiss, but the two of us were soon interrupted by the sleeping girl in his arms when she babbled out a new word.

"Snow," she babbled, giggling in her sleep.

Lewis and I both laughed quietly before you laid your head on his shoulder and enjoyed the afternoon as a family.