85 [Faking It]

85 [Faking It]
Description: You end up telling your cousin that you and Lewis are dating, so you ask him to pretend to be your boyfriend for a family dinner. However, he doesn't realise how invested he's going to get when he agrees to do it.

• • •

"Wait, you did what?" Lewis asked, looking at me in shock.

"I told my cousin that we're dating," you said, flopping yourself onto his bed.

"Why did you do that?" Lewis asked, mimicking your actions and laying beside you.

"Ugh, you know how much I hate her and how angry she makes me. She always has to be better at everything than me, including boys and it just kind of slipped out. Can you pretend for just one family barbecue?" You begged, giving him puppy dog eyes that you knew he couldn't say no to.

"When is it?" He sighed.

"It's sort of tonight," you said, hopeful.

"Tonight? I was supposed to take Liz out tonight, you know my actual girlfriend," Lewis replied.

Your heart sunk and you came to the realisation that you would have to tell your cousin that you didn't have a boyfriend and that you lied. Great. "Oh, that's fine. I'll just tell her I was lying. Thanks anyways," you said, getting up to leave.

You heard Lewis sigh from behind you. "Wait," Lewis called, causing you to stop in the doorway.

"I'll do it," he sighed.

"Really?" You asked, turning towards him.

"Yeah, I mean that's what best friends do, right?" He said, seeming unsure of himself.

"It means a lot, thank you," you smiled, hugging him. "I'll see you later."

You pulled on your shoes and made your way out of the door and towards your car. Your phone began going off with texts from Lewis as you unlocked your car.

Lewis: How do we even fake date? I've never done anything like this before.
Lewis: Do we have to kiss because that's technically cheating and I don't want to cheat on Liz?
Lewis: What do I do with my hands?
1m ago

As you got into your Range Rover, you laughed at his questions before quickly typing a reply.

It's just like real dating. We don't have to kiss so you can just hold my hand. I'm sure holding my hand will be enough to convince my cousin that we're dating.
just now

You started your car and began driving back home to get ready for the family barbecue, nervous about how the plan was going to go in just a few short hours.

• • •

It was a few hours later and you were now at your parents' house, getting ready for the annual barbecue your parents held. You were wearing a plain white, spaghetti strap crop top with a powder pink button-up skirt. Everyone started to arrive, including your very annoying cousin.

 Everyone started to arrive, including your very annoying cousin