Chapter 59

Sakata found himself in a dark area, there was nothing but darkness. The redhead was confused at where he was, fear started to bubble in him.

"Hello?" He called out but received no reply except for his own echoed voice.

He took a few steps forward, hoping he'd find something, but he felt nothing.

It was as if he was in a void, nothing seemed to exist here but him.

Sakata was getting more and more scared at each and every passing moment he spent here. He didn't know exactly when it happened but he was practically running, attempting to escape wherever, or whatever, he was.

The redhead then felt himself completely stop in his tracks as he looked at a figure in front of him. He couldn't see who it was as his vision began to blur.

What an innocent and naive human.

Such a pity to have to make you suffer.

The figure spoke as they turned to look straight at the redhead, though he still couldn't identify them as his vision got even more blurry when he tried to look at their face.

Sakata then felt as if something was burning his skin, particularly where his tattoo was. His neck was burning hotter and hotter by each second, causing nonstop pain to the redhead.

He let out a painful scream, but no sound came out. Any sound that he made seemed to be drowned in silence.

Tears were beginning to appear in his eyes as he fell to his knees and clenched his head. The figure seemed to begin walking towards him. They got nearer and nearer, at least that's what the redhead thought as he couldn't even hear the footsteps..

Being forced to play this twisted fate.

Such a cruel fate for innocent souls

The figure grinned as he looked down at the redhead.

Sakata could only cry out to no one as he felt someone grab his neck, lifting his body off the floor, was it even a floor, it felt like he was standing on nothing.

The figure squeezed his neck hard, Sakata was beginning to lose his breath and attempted to stop the figure.

But it seemed like he didn't have any strength at all.

He moved his eyes around looking for something, something that might help him get out of wherever he's trapped in.

His red eyes began to move up to look at the figure that was strangling him but as soon as he was about to look at their face, he felt himself lose conscious......

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sakata jolted up from the bed in a cold sweat. He quickly moved his hands towards his throat as it still felt like someone was choking him. His hands were met with nothing.

He frantically looked around the room, it was dark and he noticed the moonlight shining through the window's curtains. He turned to look at his left, Urata was sleeping peacefully with Yamadanuki resting near him.

I-It was just a dream.........j-just the same dream as before. He let out a sigh as he checked himself. He saw no bruises or any sign that would show that he was in any pain. The redhead was confused and started to shake in slight fear.

The dream felt real, too real, so much that he woke up with the tears still in his eyes. The redhead was wondering why he still feels like he is burning up.

Sakata wrapped his arms around his knees as he attempted to calm his racing heart. I've been having the same dream for a while. He rested his forehead on his knees, he was unable to got back to sleep, afraid that he'd be trap in whatever that dream was.