Chapter 35

Soraru continued to watch the albino, who was still seemed to be frozen. He was beginning to wonder when the albino would decide to move. After watching Mafu stare at the ground for a few more seconds, Soraru sighed as he had enough. He tapped the albino's head.

"Oi, are you going to stand here all day?"

"E-Eh?" Mafu stuttered as he snapped out of his frozen state.

"I feel bad for your cats, they have a terrible owner to make them starve."

"Hey! I'm a great owner."

"An owner that forgets that they're buying their cats food."

Mafu reluctantly closed his mouth as he had nothing to retort back. The albino pouted as he began to walk.

"Soraru is always mean to me~"

The raven-haired rolled his eyes, he was deciding on whether he should go with the albino or just catch up with Urata and Sakata. Even if I leave Mafu, Urata will find a way to make me come back. Soraru let out a small sigh as he followed the albino to the store. I'm going to kill Urata when I see him later.

Mafu noticed that the raven-haired was walking by his side. He was kinda happy that he wasn't going alone, the albino would get a bit nervous going out. The albino then decided to ask the raven-haired about his feelings for Luz.

"Hey Soraru," the raven-haired turned his gaze towards the albino that was speaking, "do you think I can confess to Luz sometime this year?"

Soraru tensed up at the question. He didn't know what to say, should I tell him about Nqrse? The raven-haired didn't want to make the albino worried but he also didn't want Mafu to find out on his own. Soraru then realized something. My reset ability..... After a few more seconds of thinking, the raven-haired finally decided. If things don't play out well then I'll just reset time and not tell him.

"Actually Mafu,"

"Hm?"

"About Luz,"

The albino was confused by the raven-haired's sudden hesitation. Mafu began to worry about the worst scenario. Does Soraru actually like Luz?

"Nqrse also likes....."

Soraru's voice trailed off but that was enough to make the albino understand what he was trying to say. Mafu widened his eyes a bit before looking at the ground. Soraru felt like he had kicked an innocent puppy, the guilt was starting to eat him up and he was about ready to reset until he saw the albino look up at him with determined eyes.

"That's okay! Nqrse hasn't confessed yet so I still have a chance." Mafu said confidently to reassure the raven-haired, but it was mostly to reassure himself.

Soraru was also going to tell him about Luz liking Nqrse back, but the albino's determined eyes caused him to not. He felt a pang of guilt hit his heart as he looked at the albino. The raven-haired didn't know what to say to the albino, he was kinda rooting for Nqrse to confess first, but he felt bad for doing that. I'm sorry Mafu. Soraru was silent for a few more seconds before smiling at the albino.

"Good luck."

The raven-haired ruffled the albino's head. Mafu pouted in annoyance before it changed into cheerfulness. They made it to the store, Mafu was looking for the cat food while Soraru was just looking around the store. The albino found what he needed and went to pay for it. They left the store and walked towards the albino's house.

The sun was shining bright in the clear, blue sky. Soraru looked around the see children run around the town. He quickly looked away and turned his gaze towards the ground. The scene was nostalgic, but not in a good way. The raven-haired shook his head to get rid of the thought that was about to creep into his mind. When he looked up again he noticed that they had made it to the albino's house.