Chapter Eighty-Eight

~Jade~

We were back from the trip and it was New Year's Eve. I was getting ready for the party and I had no idea what to expect from the party. I've never really done something like what we are going to do. Its always just been Ashton and I. I knew who Ricky was but its weird that I've never heard of Kellin before Ashton introduced me to him for the school dance.

I was really nervous because Luke might be going. Why wouldn't I?

Maybe Stephanie will be with Luke. After all, they are going to be parents.

Maybe what happened between Luke and I is going to be a memory, that's all.

But it will be a nice memory.

After an hour I got in my car and I drove to Kellins house.

I rung the doorbell and Kellin opened it and smiled.

"Hey!" He said moving to the side to let me in. I smiled back and said hello before walking in. Everyone was there but Luke, Michael and Calum.

I felt slightly relieved.

Ricky was there and he was with Chris, Ashton's other friend.

After a while of talking, there was knocking on the door and I volunteered to open it.

~Luke~

I should go.

No I shouldn't.

But I should.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

After debating with myself for a while, I decided to go.

It could be my chance to talk to Jade. I have no way of contacting her.

"Don't be back very late," Karen told us and we nodded.

I still wasn't 100% okay with my mum. I forgave her but its going to take time for me to talk to her like normal and feel like I can trust her without any issues.

"Yes, mum," Michael said as we headed outside.

It was strange pulling up in Kellins driveway. I've never really been here and him and I aren't exactly close.

He's my competition.

Calum knocked on the door instead of using the doorbell.

I asked him why he didn't use it and he said,"Does it affect you in any way?"

Michael opened his mouth to say something, but before he could the door swung open and Jade stood there.

Our eyes met and she quickly looked away and looked at Calum.

"Hey," she said.

"Come in, we are getting ready to eat," she added and we nodded and walked in.

"Hey guys!" Ashton waved to us from where he was sitting, with his friends. We said hi, and Michael walked over to Cat and sat next to her, smiling.

"Thanks for coming," Kellin awkwardly said.

"Thank you for inviting us," Calum replied giving him a small smile.

Johnny, and Kellin served us our food and it was a lot.

I had a piece of steak, corn, macaroni, and a baked potato, and pizza.

"I hope you guys like the macaroni, I prepared them myself," Johnny remarked.

"Yeah, with Kraft," Jade laughed. I smiled. Her laugh was so cute.

"No I didn't," Johnny argued.

"I made the corn, sorry if it doesn't have much salt," Curtis said.

Jade took a seat between Ashton and Kellin, and I sat in between Calum and Michael.

"Michael!" Cat snapped. Michael didn't say anything, he just grunted as his fingers flied over the keyboard of his phone.

"Just call him Gordon for today," I chimed in taking a sip of my drink and everyone laughed, and Michaels head jerked up.

"No! I don't like it!" He whined.

"I didn't know that was your middle name," Cat chuckled.

"Well you know now," he muttered.

Kellin and Michael were setting up beer pong and Michael seemed very excited.

"We should open the presents first," I suggested. I didn't think it was a good idea to do it later, some people will be drunk probably.

"Who's first?" Kellin asked.

"What about you?" Jade suggested.

"I want to go last," he quickly said and Jade looked confused but she didn't say anything else.

"I'll go first," Cat grinned.

Jade had given her gifts but she didn't give me anything.

"Sorry, I didn't know you'd be here," she apologized.

"It's fine," I lied.

It was my turn and I have Jade the guitar. "Luke," she gasped.

"Take it, it's my gift," I mumbled and have everyone else their gifts, even Kellin. Calum forced me to. I just got him a pair of black jeans and a fedora, as a joke.

"I've been wanting a fedora, actually," Kellin admitted.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes and Michael nudged me harshly.

"I got you something, too, actually," he mumbled handing me a small box. I took it and I unwrapped it.

It was a gray and white flannel.

"Thank you."

"Jade, I uh got you this," he said handing her a box.

~Kellin~

She opened it to find the iTunes card and Mayday Parade shirt.

"Thank you!" she smiled and I smiled back.

I hated the fact I chickened out and didn't sing her the song I had written.

I really did.

We were done with the gifts and we turned up some music and danced, but Luke stayed on the couch.

I was walking and I bumped into Jade.

"I'm sorry," I sighed.

"It's okay," she smiled.

"Kiss!" Curtis cheered and Lukes eyes widened.

"Why?" I asked.

"Look up," he smirked and I saw a mistletoe above us.

(A/N) Double Update!

i felt bad bc the last chapter was lame

ily :) xx