Chapter Seventy-Five

~Ashton~

"You have to tell Luke," I sighed.

"I'm worried how he'll take it. He's not such an easy person, you know."

"C'mon. Lets go to his house," I said and she nodded grabbing her purse.

"You might need the proof of your pregnancy as well." She nodded grabbing the papers and she went to the bathroom. I saw a pregnancy test in her hand. She stuffed it in her purse.

"I'm ready," she sighed.

~Luke~

Calum dropped me off at my house first and before I got out, I winked at him to remind him to make a move on Marissa. He rolled his eyes and drove away as soon as I stepped into my home.

"Did you eat dinner yet?" my mum asked.

"No, have you?"

"No. I will prepare something quick. I will call you when it's ready," she informed me and I nodded. I walked to my room and I started playing random tunes on my guitar.

I heard a slight knock on my door and I said,"Come in."

The door opened and Ashton walked in followed by Stephanie. She looked nervous.

"Hey Ashton. What are you doing here?" I said to Stephanie.

"Well..... she has to talk to you about something really important," Ashton said.

"Can you stay?" Stephanie quietly asked Ashton. He nodded and he walked to the corner of my bedroom and stood there crossing his arms.

"So?" I annoyingly asked Stephanie. She got something out of her purse. A pregnancy test. She showed it to me and it said positive.

"What does this have to do with me? Look, I know how much you have sex with different guys so why are-"

"Luke, it's yours," she said her eyes filling with tears.

"Lie."

"No, I'm not, Im pregnant," she said handing me some papers from the hospital.

"What makes you think it's mine!" I snapped and Ashton stepped up.

"Luke," he sighed.

"I called the doctor and he said I've been pregnant for a little over a month and I remember using condoms all the time except for the one time after the school fall dance when we got drunk!"

My heart stopped.

"Are you sure?" I choked the words out. She bit her lip and nodded.

"Luke, I thought it was mine. We both did since on Friday you know.... but I felt like it was too soon to be able to tell she was pregnant so she called her doctor," Ashton chimed in.

"I can't," I whispered. Hopefully Jade would understand this.

"You can't be a coward and run away-" Ashton started.

"I know that. I know how it feels to not have a father figure," I said noticing I had been crying.

"Luke, I'm so sorry. I wanted to abort but Ashton wouldn't let me."

"It's okay. You can't kill it."

"I mean, how am I going to tell my mum? Does anyone else know about it?" I added.

"No," she sighed.

"I have to tell my mum."

"I don't want people to know. I don't want to get hated more than I already am," she cried and they were real tears for a reason, which surprised me. She wasn't crying about our breakup, a broken nail, or any of that sort.