Chapter Seventy-Three

~Ashton~

"What?" I whispered.

"I know, I can't take this. I don't know what to do," she cried.

"Come in," I quickly said and she sat in the sofa. I closed the door behind me and I sat across from her.

"Are you sure it's mine?" I choked out the words.

"Who else could be the father? Last time I had sex was with Michael but that one time doesn't count. I mean, it has to be yours."

"I don't know what to do," I mumbled.

"I want an abortion," She said.

"What?! No! You can't do that! It's innocent, it's our fault and we have to serve the consequences."

"It's my fault and I don't want you to have anything to do with something you don't want."

"Stephanie, I- do- you can't do that. Please," I begged.

"Do you want the child?"

"I mean I'm not ready but we can't kill it. Im not going to kill and innocent-"

"Fine. I will keep it but I can't promise anything."

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe I can- let's just not worry about that. There's still months to come."

"Well thanks for telling me," I sighed. "This doesn't mean we will date or any sort of that," I added and she bit her lip.

"I have to go," she quietly said and she walked towards the door.

"One more thing, don't tell anyone. I need to process this first and I need to tell my parents first," she said opening the door.

"Okay," I mumbled and she left.

I buried my head in my hands.

I can't be a father.

Why me?

~Kellin~

I laid in bed thinking about my conversation with Curtis and Johnny from yesterday.

"I don't know what to do. I hate seeing Jade and Luke together. That should be me. I love her but I know how happy she is with Luke."

"That sucks. You shouldn't try to mess your friendship up," Curtis said.

"I know but I see Jade happy with Luke and I don't know... I don't like the feeling I get. I get jealous, obviously but I can't do anything. She doesn't like me the same way," I sighed.

"You don't know that for sure," Johnny said and Curtis nodded his head in agreement.

"What do you mean?"

"Has she ever told you she loves Luke?"

"She probably has, I don't remember."

"If she hasn't, then it's not real."

"You can't be so sure. What do you know about love?"

"Have you ever watched movies, or read books?"

"Yeah."

"That teaches you things about life."

"But-"

"You're gonna have to tell her at some point. You can't hide what you feel forever."

"I can't ruin our friendship."