Chapter Sixty-One

~Michael~

My face fell.

Cat.

"Can I see her?" I quickly asked. Luke walked up to me.

"Do you even know her?" Luke quietly asked. I would've blown up in his face asking him why the hell he's with Jade but I pushed that to the side. I was more concerned about Cat.

"Yes," I said and the doctor said,"You can. Does anyone want to go with him?"

"Can I go alone?" I asked. He nodded and said, "I will lead you to her room."

Calum patted me on the back and said,"Go on. I'll wait for you," and I gave him a small smile.

~Luke~

I saw Calum and Michael walk out. They saw me and my eyes widened. Everyone was looking at them.

"Can I see her?" He quickly asked. What? He doesn't even know her. I walked up to him.

"Do you even know her?" I asked.

"Yes," he said and the doctor said,"You can. Does anyone want to go with him?"

"Can I go alone?" He asked. He nodded and said, "I will lead you to her room."

Calum patted him on the back and said,"Go on. I'll wait for you," and he gave him a small smile.

Michael looked at me and then he walked away. Calum sat next to me and Ashton sat on the other side of me. Jade sat next to him and beside her was Kellin. It was really awkward.

"We are going down to the cafeteria," Cats dad said and we all nodded and watched as Cats parents left.

"Can I talk to you in the hall?" Calum asked. I nodded and we walked out of the waiting room.

"I'm wondering why you and Jade are together. I know you're friends with Ashton but Jade? Look, I can't believe I'm telling you this but I want you two to be happy together but I can't accept it easily. I don't know why. I don't hate her," he admitted.

"Seriously? You want us to be together?"

"Yeah. Since when are you and Jade friends again?"

"For a while. Its been like two weeks," I sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me? I am your closest friend?"

"I was worried about how you'd take it. I know you'd understand but Michael-"

"When were you going to tell us?"

"Today, or tomorrow. I didn't want to ruin Michael's birthday."

"Well I don't know if i can hang with you anymore."

"Why?! Jade is amazing! We just bullied her for no reason and now that we are done you want to have nothing to do with her?!"

"I feel like she's ruining our friendship, dammit! But she's making you happy and I can't prevent you from dating. "

"So you won't give her a chance?! Why cant you see she makes me happy?!"

"I do! Why the hell do you think I want you two to be together!"

"Then support us!"

"I am! I just don't want to be there!"

"I-"

"Remember when Jade visited you at the hospital?"

"Yeah. What does that have to do-"

"I told her to go."

"I-"

"I made her! I see how damn happy you are with her and I want you two to be together but I can't be apart of any of that in any way."

"Why not? Would you rather be with Stephanie and see Michael bitch about everything?"

"No! I love Michael but..... I don't know. I feel like I don't belong there," he admitted.

"How?"

"I've been rude to her. I was the worse last year. I was like Michael and you have to admit its horrible."

"They will give you a chance if you're willing to try to change," I said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, they aren't dicks," I chuckled.

"Okay," he smiled.

"Do you know why Michael was you know.... affected by Cats accident? How does he know her?"

"I honestly don't know. Im confused about that. He froze when he heard her name."

"Weird. What were you doing here?"

"I broke my finger. I was playing basketball with Michael," he shrugged.

~Michael~

"This is her room," the doctor told me.

"Thank you, can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

"What happened to her and what condition is she in at the moment?"

"A car ran over her and she's in coma right now. We don't know when she will wake up," he sighed.

I couldn't believe she was in a coma. I felt my eyes watering.

"Thanks," I said and he nodded before walking away.

I entered the room and Cat was on the bed and she looked lifeless. She was pale, she had a big bruise on her forehead, and she had a neck brace.

I walked towards her and sat next to her. I put my warm hand on her cold hand.

"Cat, I- I'm so sorry," I sobbed.

"You're one of the most amazing people I have ever met and I- I have feelings for you, but we can't be. I'm sorry for being a dick," I choked the words out and I put her hair behind her ear.

"Please wake up, I want to hear your laugh, I want to see your smile, I don't know what I would do if you left. You don't deserve this," I cried.

A nurse walked in and said,"Im sorry, can you leave for a second? I need to check a few things."

"I was just leaving," I sniffed wiping my tears away. She gave me a sympathetic smile and I walked out.

Calum and Luke were standing in the corner of the room and I walked over to them.

"You okay?" Luke asked me.

"No," I admitted. "Can we leave?" I asked Calum and he nodded.

"Bye, Michael and Calum," he said and I gave him a small wave.

-------------------------------------

(A/N) Woohoo Calum!

I feel so bad for Michael :(

please vote and comment!

ily :) xx