Chapter 1 Part 9: Spending Time With Kokichi as the Time Limit Nears

Start from the beginning

*next morning*

The next morning, I woke up to the morning announcement. What I saw on screen was Monokid being passed out from eating all of that honey the night prior. I sighed lightly, getting out of my bed, making my way over to the shower to wash myself off.
While in the shower, thoughts ran through my head. Thoughts about the time limit... about how tomorrow, if no one died, then we'd all die. How could I be able to have a happy life if it ends like this? With no one to love...
I felt like I had a slight crush on Rantaro..... but I don't think he'd have the same feelings for someone like me. Those thoughts stuck with me while I was in the shower.
When I got out of the shower, I grabbed a new uniform from my closet, slipping on the dress with ease. After that, I put my choker on and put my shoes on. The last thing I did was fix up my hair.
I exited the room and headed for the dining hall like normal. The only difference was... I was alone. Rantaro never made his way over to my door. I was never greeted by anyone. It struck me odd in a way.
I entered the school, noticing that no one was around as well. I wandered through the halls, trying to find at least one person. No one was there.
I entered the dining hall with a sigh, sitting down in one of the many empty chairs of the room. No one was in sight
"I can't believe no one is around today... It's like everyone is avoiding me..." I muttered.
I sighed lightly, walking into the kitchen portion of the dining hall, preparing myself some french toast. I took day old bread and dipped it into a mixture of egg, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
I put the freshly dipped bread and put it onto a hot skillet with pan spray so it wouldn't stick. I hummed lightly as I cooked many pieces of French Toast, trying to use up all of my egg mixture. Once I was done, I had too much for just one person to eat alone.
I set up a plate for me, dusting the French Toast with powdered sugar and putting strawberries on the side. I brought maple syrup out for dipping the French Toast. I brought it out to the table, and smiled lightly.
I perked up slightly when I heard the door open. I turned my gaze over to the door, as a certain green haired male walk in.
"Rantaro! Good morning!" I exclaimed, being happy that I saw someone this morning.
"Hey (y/n), good morning to you too," Rantaro replied with a light smile.
I smiled lightly, being very happy to see him. I noticed that he looked over at my French Toast.
"You want some of this too? I have extra..." I explained nervously.
"Yeah sure. Did you make it?" he asked.
    "Yes I did," I replied with a light smile, "I learned to make many things during my culinary class!"
    "That's very impressive. Maybe you're the Ultimate Chef instead of the Ultimate Otaku," Rantaro replied with a slight chuckle.
    "Maybe... I'll be back in a minute. I'll get your plate set up," I replied.
    I went into the kitchen and placed a couple pieces of French Toast on the plate. I dusted it with powdered sugar and placed strawberries on the side like I did for mine. I brought it out and set it in front of Rantaro.
    "There you go! I hope you like it!" I exclaimed.
(Rantaro Freetime event, sponsored by French Toast)
    "It looks good. The presentation is like I'm getting served at a nice restaurant. Nice job," Rantaro commented.
    "Thank you, it's no trouble. My culinary classes pay off," I replied with a nervous laugh.
    I cut into my French Toast and dipped it into the maple syrup.
(The lot of you that's going to comment this being food porn, stfu)
    I brought the fork to my lips and took a bit. My eyes lit up at the taste of my own cooking. It was so good. I looked up at Rantaro. He was cutting into the French Toast as well. He then took a bite, the same way I did. His eyes seemed to brighten up after taking that first satisfying bite. He smiled at me.
    "This is very good!" he exclaimed.
    "Thank you. I try my best to cook," I replied nervously.
    "I was born into a rich family. I ate all sorts of fancy food, but this has to be the best French Toast I've ever had. Ah-haha, I must seem spoiled, being a rich kid.." Rantaro explained.
    "No.. I don't see that at all. I'm actually quite flattered that you like my cooking though. With all due respect, I don't think being rich makes someone selfish. You can be rich and be a good person," I replied with a smile.
    Rantaro looked at me. He laughed nervously as a slight red dusted his cheeks. He scratched the back of his head nervously.
    "You're so nice to me. I don't feel like I deserve someone kind as you for a friend," Rantaro told me.
    'Friend.... yeah.... that's all I am to you.' I thought.
    I started to eat more of my French Toast looking down slightly. Rantaro and I continued talking as the day went by.
    The day went by pretty fast, hanging around someone you like. The thoughts of the fact that tomorrow we'd die if no one was killed. It made anyone anxious, including me. I was very worried.
    I got back to my room as the nighttime announcement played. Every Monokub was there. It just made me feel more useless and anxious for the day that was about to come.
    But what could I do? I couldn't do anything... because I'm just an Otaku.

This was the new chapter. Most of it is filler because of what's going to happen next chapter. Next chapter the first victim will be introduced (most likely).
Also today is the day that the new reboot of Fruits Basket is coming out! I was so happy today! I'm about to watch it. The prompt is the same one as five.

Prompt 5 (again): "Prediction about Reader-Chan's childhood"

I wish everyone luck. Next chapter will be hell! Seeya!- CRUSIFIXdroid