Chapter 54

A grin spread across my lips as I held my hand up in front of my face, staring at the ring adorning my finger, it sparkling as it caught the light from each passing street light through the car window. I was seriously still in disbelief that any of this was happening really. I glanced over at Sasuke in the seat next to me, my smile widening further at the sight of him with his eyes closed, resting his head against the door in order to get some rest before it was his turn to drive. I reached my hand over to grab his that was resting between us, feeling his slightly squeeze my hand back at the action, reassuring me this wasn't just a dream I was having. It was a few hours ago that we graduated and that Sasuke proposed but it just seems like it happened ages ago at the same time...

"Bitch, let me see that ring!" Skylar's voice rung out as he pushed through the crowd to get over to where I was standing, looking down at my ring finger still in disbelief. Skylar grabbed my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts as I noticed I was encircled by my friends. "Holy shit, you must be quite something in the sack." Skylar finished his statement with an exaggerated whistle, causing me to roll my eyes at his antics.

"Well, you're not wrong." A slight smirk crossed Sasuke's lips, seemingly proud and happy with how things have turned out. Skylar's mouth opened, most likely to give some sort of smart ass remark or wanting to go further down that rabbit hole, but was abruptly stopped as Itachi placed his hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

"I really don't need to hear about my little brother's sex life, thank you." A smile spread on Itachi's lips as he glanced at Sasuke and I.

"Coming from a person who doesn't currently have one you probably could use the pointers." Sasuke's smirk only widened as Itachi's charcoal eyes turned their attention solely on him.

"If I suddenly forget what missionary is I will be sure ask you." Sasuke's smirk fell from his lips just as quickly as one claimed Itachi's. I swear I will never understand their relationship...

"If we're talking about consultations my door is always open." Of course Skylar just had to get in on this too. "Who do you think taught Naomi all those fancy tongue-"

"CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS PLEASE!?" I could feel my cheeks raise in temperature from the sheer embarrassment of this conversation. Luckily Itachi was nice enough to spare me from enduring this topic any further and switched the conversation around.

"All jokes aside, I am super proud of the both of you." A smile reclaimed my lips, reminded of the reason we were here in the first place.

"Where's Mom and Dad?" Sasuke inquired, making my stomach drop at him mentioning his father. I was so caught up in everything else that I totally forgot that they had come and ultimately were witness to Sasuke's grand proposal.

"They left shortly after your little announcement." A frown marred my features as I noticed the slight look of disappointment in Sasuke's eyes. I'm not sure if he expected a different outcome or not... The look in Itachi's eyes softened noticing his brother's sadness. We were both lucky we actually had him supporting us from the get go. "Mom wanted me to tell you that she loves and supports you and that dad will come around with time since you've clearly made up your mind about this." I guess that means he is still not approving of our relationship. A slight grunt passed Sasuke's lips as he looked away.

"Whatever." I still couldn't help but feel guilty for coming between him and his family...

"Come on, lovebirds! We have a long drive ahead of us and I bet everyone is waiting up for us!" A huge grin adorned Naruto's lips as he practically dove and hung off of Sasuke.