Chapter 4

"Hey Naomi! I saved you a seat!" Kiba yells as he notices me. He smiled as I sat next to him on the grass, Shikamaru was on my other side. "My last class was so boring! I tried texting you but you were busy, huh?" I glanced towards Sasuke, he was eating his lunch.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. The situation kinda...left my hands." I say with a small smile. I noticed Sasuke glance at me because of my comment.

"You not eating again?" Naruto asks, stuffing his face once again.

"No. I had a huge breakfast this morning." I faked a smile. I wonder how long I could keep this up? They all bought it for now. We all had a fun lunch together. I got along with Kiba, Hinata, and Naruto the best out of the group.

The bell rang, ending lunch. Kiba walked me to my locker and then to class. Once again I sat between him and Sasuke. Class went by fast. All Kakashi did was assign us some writing exercises that we finished half way through the period. The rest of the time we got to talk. Majority of the talking was between Kiba and I with the occasional comment from Sasuke. They didn't seem to get along very well.

"It's a cool arcade. They have tons of games! I'll have to take you there sometime." Kiba gave me a huge smile. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"I'll think about it." I gave him a small smile as we packed our stuff, getting ready to go home.

"Sweet! Well I better get to practice. I'll text you later!" He smiled.

"Alright." I smiled and waved to him as he left the room.

"You two sure seem to get along." Sasuke's voice made me jump. I forgot he was still here.

"Yeah. Well he's nice and easy to talk to." I said while zipping up my bag.

"Hn. If you say so." I gave him a questioning look. "You want a ride home?" The fact that he was even asking me that took me by surprise.

"No. I don't mind walking."

"Alright." He walked me out of the school and then we went our separate ways. Walking was tedious... Sometimes I just wish I could drive or get a ride...

I went straight home instead of taking my time. Though, when I got home there was an unfamiliar car in the driveway and a ribbon tied around the doorknob. I sighed. Mother had a man over. And when she did I wasn't allowed home. I turned around and started wandering the neighborhood. I had to find a place to stay tonight.

I walked around for a half an hour before I found a nice little park. I went over and sat on one of the swings, setting my bag to the side. I just sat there gently rocking the swing. I was use to my mother locking me out. Sleeping outside wasn't that bad... well... as long as I had a safe place to sleep. I felt my phone buzz. I looked at it, it was a text from Sasuke.

'Hey.' I smirked at the simplicity of the message.

'Hi.'

'What are you doing?'

'Sitting in a park.'

'Alone?' Even his messages felt cold.

'Yeah.'

'What park?'

'Idk. I think the street in monroe?' I waited a minute but no response came. 'Well that was...weird.' I thought as I put my phone back into my pocket.

"So what are you doing out here?" The voice startled me, almost making me fall from the swing. I twisted the swing around to see Sasuke. He smirked.

"It's not nice to scare people like that..."

"Hn." He walked over and sat at the swing next to mine.