Chapter 44

A soft smile spread on my lips as the halls littered with people dawning the school's colors for spirit week. Kiba and Naruto were even wearing their letterman jackets. It was nice to see so many people show their support for the school. Though, I did suspect a few could care less and were only dressing up because that day’s idea sounded like fun. Like Monday being pajama day. I've never seen so many girls get sent home for dressing inappropriately. Most of the guys knew better and showed up wearing t-shirts and sweats. Naruto was the main attraction that day, sporting a wooly red onesie that had a butt flap. We were just lucky that he wasn't going commando underneath.

"You guys, do you realize this is going to be our last homecoming together?" Ino sniffled, getting all sentimental about this being our senior year.

"Well we're going to have to make it the best one yet!" Naruto boasted, a wide smile spreading on his lips. "As long as you all are there cheering us on, Kiba and I will make sure we win the game Friday. Right, Kiba?"

"Right." A wolfish grin took over Kiba's lips as his eyes met with mine. "There any chance I can get you to wear my jersey again?"

"If your jersey so much as touches her I'll burn it." Sasuke snarled, giving him a slight glare. Kiba just held his hands up in an act of surrender.

"S-So, Naomi, have you gotten your dress yet?" Hinata spoke softly, trying to change the topic.

"No. I was going to see if Itachi wanted to take me since he helped me with it last year." I glanced at Sasuke as a little 'tch' passed his lips.

"Well, I haven't bought mine yet. Do you want to go together?" A soft smile spread on my lips as Hinata brushed her dark hair behind her ear.

"Sure. That sounds great." She returned the smile before turning her attention back towards her lunch. I was actually excited to go shopping with her instead of Itachi. I mean, Itachi is great and all but he just attracts too much attention. That and he just picks out a bunch of choices and shoves me into a dressing room to choose from his choices.

"I still can't believe it's been almost a year since you two started going out." Sakura exclaimed, picking up the conversation. A slight blush crossed my cheeks, my smile widening, as I looked at Sasuke beside me. A slight smirk settled on his lips as his dark eyes glanced at me, his arm snaking around my waist to bring me closer.

"You better get used to it. We're going to be together for a lot longer than a year." Sasuke's smirk widened as he leaned in to press his lips against mine.

"Says the person whose longest real relationship was a month." Kiba huffed, earning a glare from Sasuke.

"Wasn't that with Sakura?" Naruto piped in causing Sakura's emerald gaze to narrow on him, looking like she wanted to strangle him with her bare hands. The look on Sasuke's face wasn't too far from the one Sakura was giving. Well, I guess that's why Sakura was so abrasive towards me when I first started going here. I wonder why Sasuke never mentioned that they dated?

The bell sounded, bringing an abrupt end to the tense conversation. A scoff passed Sasuke's lips as he stood, probably relieved that he didn't have to venture further into the topic.

"I'll see you after class." Sasuke placed a soft kiss on my lips before heading off to his last class, leaving me to walk with Kiba and Naruto. I'll be sure to ask him about it after class.

"Do you have to work today?" Sasuke questioned as we got into his car, getting ready to head home for the day.

"No, I'm off until Monday for homecoming." Sasuke nodded absentmindedly as I buckled in.

"How about we go out for dinner then? It's been awhile since we've got to go out, just the two of us." A soft smile spread on my lips as Sasuke's engine roared to life before he put it into gear, pulling out of the parking lot.