Chapter 49

~Sasuke's POV~

A slight smirk crossed my lips at the deep inhale Naomi took as I brushed my lips across her neck and expanse of skin visible on her shoulder as I hugged her from behind.

"Are you sure you don't want to just stay here? It'll just be me and you." I breathed against her neck before placing a kiss on the sensitive skin, nipping slightly before pulling away.

"We already told Naruto we were coming." She breathed, sounding as if she was trying to convince herself as well.

"So? I can think of a better way to bring in the new year." My smirk widened as I gently pulled on her earlobe with my teeth, the tips of her ears dusting with pink due to the blush that spread on her cheeks.

"But everyone is expecting us... We all haven't been able to get together like this since summer." She groaned slightly, trying to will down her body from reacting to mine. Over the past week I started to learn what she liked and what got her riled up as well as her learning what I enjoyed. She's more comfortable with me now and the new found intimacy. It's really brought us closer.

"Fine, we'll go, but I'm staying here tonight." She turned in my arms so she could look at me with slightly wide eyes. God, she just looks so adorable.

"Are you sure? Won't your parents be mad?" A slight scoff passed my lips.

"I don't care. Besides, I think my mom is half expecting it anyway." A slight blush dusted her cheeks at that. A smile stretched my lips at the slight. Leaning in, I pressed my lips against hers not being able to wait any longer. Feeling something rub against my leg, I broke off the kiss and looked down. A small laugh left Naomi's lips as she saw Jade rubbing against my leg, tail high and purring.

"She likes you more than me." Naomi spoke with a slight pout. My lips quirked as I leaned down to scratch her head before picking her up.

"That's not true. She just has to get used to you." Jade gnawed on my finger before squirming in my arms wanting to get away. A slight chuckle left my lips as she broke free of my grip and scampered down the hall into the bedroom.

"If you say so. Though, that doesn't change the fact that she's totally enamored by you. You're like a cat whisperer." I let a short laugh leave my lips.

"Hardly. I just grew up around a few of them." She eyed me suspiciously, trying to picture me growing up around the feline species instead of her thought of me being a 'cat whisperer'. She was just too cute. Leaning in, I placed a light kiss against her cheek. "We probably should get going if you still want to go to Naruto's."

"Alright." She conceded with  slight huff out of embarrassment. We made sure Jade had food and water out before leaving the house and heading to Naruto's for the New Years party. Cars littered his block showing just how many people were already there. His parent's car was no where in sight so they must have already departed to meet up with my parents at the gala.

We quickly parked and walked up to the front door, the faint sound of music drifting outside. The sound increased as I opened the door, making our way to the heart of the party.

"I'm going to go talk with Hinata." Naomi placed her hand on my arm to gain my attention. I glanced at her quickly before following her line of sight to where Hinata was currently conversing with her cousin on the other side of the living room. I gave her a short nod, affirming that I heard her, and watched as a smile stretched her lips before she made her way towards her friend. God she's beautiful.

"You look happier than normal." My body jerked forward as Naruto's hand collided with my back, his heartfelt laughter meeting my ears. "You finally dislodge that stick from your ass?" I sent him a slight glare, still feeling the sting of his palm hitting my back.