Chapter 26

~Naomi's pov~

I stretched out my body slightly as sunlight shone on my face. I opened my eyes, slowly, trying to adjust them to the light. A slight frown played on my lips as I noticed Sasuke wasn't beside me. I didn't even hear him leave. I let out a little sigh as I got up from my bed and got dressed before making my way out to the living room. The whole cabin had the wonderful aroma of coffee and bacon.

"Good morning!" Mikoto smiled as soon as she caught sight of me. Fugaku glanced away from paper to take a quick look at me since Mikoto addressed me. I noticed Sasuke watch his father carefully until his scrutinizing gaze turned back towards his paper. "There's breakfast in the kitchen if you're hungry. And if you don't want coffee, I could make you some tea." Mikoto smiled as she cupped her mug of coffee to warm her hands.

"I'm sure she's more than capable to make her own tea, dear. You shouldn't baby her." The room fell silent at Fugaku's statement. Either we just weren't expecting it or not expecting him to have to gull to say it. Either way, I didn't know how to respond to that. I was at a loss for words and I must have looked stupid just standing there, with my mouth slightly ajar, trying to think of what to say. I noticed Mikoto give me a remorseful look as I tried my hardest to shake it off.

"Y-Yeah... I've got it... T-Thanks though." I gave Mikoto a small smile as she gave me a somber look. I caught Sasuke's gaze for a moment as I made my way to the kitchen, it was apparent that he was upset with his father's statement. Though, Fugaku does have a point... I need to become more independent... More self-sufficient.

As soon as I made my way into the kitchen I could hear Mikoto's whispered yelling at Fugaku. I let out a heavy sigh as I rest my elbows on the counter, grabbing a piecing of bacon to munch on. I really don't feel like going back out there. My body jolted as I felt a firm, warm, body against my back. Sasuke put both his hands on the counter top, on either side of me, trapping me against it.

"Just try to ignore him..." His tone held a mixture of irritation and concern.

"Well, he's right about what he said... I mean, I doubt he was just saying it to be mean..."

"Hn." Sasuke scoffed, obviously disagreeing with me, as I shifted my body around so I'd be facing him in the confinement he had me in. His dark eyes locked with mine as we stood there. They had a comforting feeling but, at the same time, they made me feel anxious. Sasuke let out a soft sigh and closed his eyes for a moment as if he was thinking something over. "Just... Don't take what he says too seriously." This time his eyes looked pleading. I couldn't help but feeling like I was missing something but I wasn't going to push it further. It's obviously bugging Sasuke and I don't want to stress him further.

"Alright." I gave him a small smile as reassurance. A bit of relief flashed through his eyes as a soft smile found its way onto his lips. My eyes fluttered closed as I felt his breath brush against my lips. I could feel them coming closer, hovering over mine, as he leaned in. His body pushed against mine, pushing my back firmly against the counter, as his lips crashed down on mine. I gripped the front of his shirt tightly as I tried to push him away. What if his parents were to walk in right now? But Sasuke wasn't planning on letting me go. He just pushed further against me despite my efforts.

"Hey Mikoto, Fugaku! Are Sasuke and Naomi up?" I let out a gasp of breath as Sasuke broke the kill once we heard the front door open and Naruto talk.

"They're in the kitchen."

"Thanks. Oh, mom and dad said they'll be over once they finish breakfast." Naruto called out as he made his way to the kitchen where Sasuke and I were. Mikoto let out a little 'ok' as he came into the kitchen. A wide grin took over his face once he laid eyes on Sasuke and I. "It's a little early for that, don't you think?" My face felt like it was on fire yet Sasuke still wouldn't step away from me.