Chapter 47

A slight shiver ran down my spine as I stepped off the bus and into the cold. I heard the doors close behind me, the bus rolling off, as I blew into my hands to warm them before stuffing them into my jacket. I rolled my shoulders, adjusting my backpack into a more comfortable position as I began my walk home. Sasuke left this morning for his ski trip with his family, along with the Uzumaki's. He left me a text earlier this morning, while I was still sleeping, as he left. I replied as soon as I got up but I haven't heard anything from his since. Though, I don't remember having phone service up in the snowy mountains so I probably won't be hearing from him until he gets back towards Christmas time.

A heavy sight left my lips, fogging the air in front of my face at the thought. Is it bad that I already miss him? I talked to Skylar a bit about it earlier at work, being the gossip he is. Though, he didn't offer me much advice, instead doting on the fact that I should have went with them and that Sasuke's dad is a "prick". I tried to defend Fugaku's actions but Skylar wouldn't listen saying that there was no "if, and, or but" about it. Though, one good thing came out of Sasuke's absence. I was finally able to get away after work and find a present for him.

It was a little daunting thought since I've never been to the mall by myself before. I was a little lost as the where I should start. Sasuke's such a hard person to shop for so I ended up wandering the mall for a good hour, even contemplation checking out the lingerie store before I turned into a blushing mess and quickly ran from the area. In the end, I bought Sasuke a bottle of delicious smelling cologne I found after a pushy associate practically sprayed another scent in my face. I seriously could still taste it.

Some people seriously get too crazy around the holidays. I just hope Sasuke will like the gift since it's not all that personal... Maybe I should have bought something else? Well, it's too late now. I'll just have to trust my instincts with this.

I reached the front door of my house after a short walk, which was enough time to chill me to the bone. I reveled in the warmth that met me as soon as I stepped foot inside. Slinking out of my jacket, I quickly went to my room to set my backpack down, since it had my uniform and Sasuke's gift in it, before heading back towards the kitchen to get something to eat.

A smile spread on my lips as I peered into the fridge. It was full of tomato dishes and products. If someone didn't know any better it would look like Sasuke lived here since it was full of his favorite foods. Which wouldn't be far off from the truth since he's practically here all of the time. I can't believe that just in six months’ time we'll be graduating and Sasuke will be able to move in permanently. Well, as long as his dad doesn't interfere that is.

I grabbed some leftovers from the fridge, heating them up in the microwave, before going into the living room to watch tv while I ate. It was kind of boring really. I'm pretty much used to having dinner with Sasuke every night... Honestly, I didn't even realize how much we was integrated into my daily life. Damn it. I miss him.

After finishing my meal, I placed the dish in the kitchen sink. I'll deal with washing it later. Right now I feel like taking a nice, warm, relaxing bath. Walking back to my room, I ran the water and adjusted the temperature while I stripped off my clothing from the day and tied my hair up. A heavy sigh passed my lips as I slunk into the warm water, letting it hug and caress my body.

I ran my hand through the water, playing with it, listening to it slosh around. I wonder how Sasuke is doing? Another sigh left my lips as I slipped further into the water, blowing little bubbles in it from my mouth. My eyes glanced over my body underneath the clear sheet the enveloped it. I've changed so much in this past year. Lifting my leg up out of the water, I admired it as beads of water rolled off my porcelain skin. I actually have some substance now, no longer just bones draped in skin.