Chapter 50

“Oh my god. Did you guys hear?” We all glanced at Ino as she came loudly bounding up to us on our lunch hour. “Prom nominations are in!”

“Let me guess, me, Naruto and Sasuke then you, Sakura and some other chick.” Kiba questioned, munching away on his sandwich. Ino quickly shook her head, blonde hair flying every which way.

“No. Naomi is the third nomination.” I nearly choked on my food as everyone turned their attention towards me.

“W-What? Who would nominate me?” Sasuke gently rubbed my back as I coughed.

“Who knows. Though, I doubt whoever did it has good motives behind it.” Shikamaru commented with a slight sigh.

“Yeah. It’d probably be a lot worse than a glass of punch being thrown in your face.” Kiba stated, genuinely concerned. Though, Sasuke  sent him a slight glare for bringing it up.

“You guys, it’s just like that book ‘Carrie’!” Ino exclaimed.

“Like you read the book…” Shikamaru drawled earing a glare from Ino.

“Fine, movie, whatever.” She waved her hand in the air dismissing him. Either way you get my point.”

“Well, I won’t let that happen to begin with.” Sasuke stated confidently. Kiba let out a little snort in response.

“Yeah, cause you were such a great help the first time.” Sasuke gave Kiba an icy glare. Though, I spoke up before Sasuke had the opportunity to.

“It’ll be fine. I’ll just back out of the nomination. I’m not really interested anyway.”

“We’ve got your back, Mimi!” Naruto smiled trying to keep the atmosphere upbeat.

“Are you two even planning on attending prom?” Sakura questioned as she glanced over at Sasuke and I.

“I’ll take you if Sasuke doesn’t.” Kiba piped in with a wolfish grin on his features, giving me a small wink. I think he’s made a game out of pissing Sasuke off.

“Of course I’m taking her to prom.” Sasuke spoke, placing his arm around my midsection dominantly. “I’m obviously the better choice.” He boasted, a smirk settling on his lips. Kiba merely rolled his eyes at Sasuke’s remark.

“You’re going too, right Hinata?” Sakura asked after she got our answer.

“Y-Yeah… Though, I don’t have a date…” She fiddled her fingers, glancing at Naruto briefly.

“Naruto’s going to ask her later today.” I could feel Sasuke’s hot breath on my skin as he whispered in my ear. I couldn’t suppress the smile that crept onto my lips. That’s so good for Hinata. I’m happy for her.

“Then why don’t us girls go look at prom dresses together? I think it could be fun.” Sakura suggested. Now that Sasuke and I have been an item for so long we’ve been on better standings with one another. I don’t know if she’ll ever fully give up her feelings for Sasuke but at least now she’s accepted his feelings for me.

“That’s fine with me. W-What about you, Naomi?”

“Sure, sounds fun.” I smiled.

“Awesome. Let’s go this weekend then if you’re not working.” She gave me a small smile back.

“Oh I’m so going to find a gorgeous dress that will get a great reaction out of Sai!” Ino squealed, going off into her own little fantasy.

“Good luck with that. Hell is more likely to freeze over.” Naruto scoffed, earning a glare from Ino. Though, Naruto may be onto something there. Sai isn’t the most expressive…