Chapter 33

It's been a little over two months since I've moved out of Sasuke's house. Summer is fast approaching and, now that I think about it, Sasuke's birthday is next month. I was surprised to find out that I'm older than him, granted it's just by a few months, but with the way he acts I would have sworn he was older than me. I guess it's just funny how life works out sometimes.

"Come on guys! This is going to be our last summer break before we become seniors and then have to go to college. We need to plan something epic to remember it by!" Naruto complained about our lack of enthusiasm as we all sat in the courtyard on our lunch break. The weather has been getting a lot warmer allowing us to eat outside again.

"College? Isn't that a little ambitious for you?" Shikamaru stated, lazily, as he laid back in the grass. I let out a small chuckle as Naruto looked over at Shikamaru with an icy glare.

"He may be onto something there, dobe." I could feel Sasuke's arms wrap around my waist as he pulled my back flush against his chest while he rest his head on my shoulder. I could imagine the smirk on his face as Naruto turned his glare on him. Sasuke insisted that I sit on his lap during lunch and a little arguing later I found myself sitting between his legs as a compromise.

"Just because I don't have perfect grades like you two smart asses doesn't mean I can't go to college!"

"You keep telling yourself that." I could feel Sasuke's breath brush my neck as he talked.

"Hes right, though. Not everyone can be as smart as you or Shikamaru." Kiba pipped in, defending Naruto.

"Thank you!" Naruto threw his hands up, in exhaustion, as Kiba gave him a slight grin.

"You only say that because you're in the same boat as him."

"Sasuke's right, if everyone had grades like you or Naruto we'd be doomed." Sakura stated sending a not too tasteful glance my way.

"We'd be overrun by morons." Ino threw in her two cents. Naruto let out a groan in annoyance.

"You know what? Forget it. We're way off topic. Can we please focus on what we're going to do to start off our break?" Naruto let out a heavy sigh as everyone basically shrugged him off. I noticed Hinata sending him a sympathetic look like she wanted to say something but was too shy to speak up.

"Hey, Shika, doesn't your girlfriend's family own a beach house in Suna?" Kiba asked, trying to help Naruto out. Shikamaru let out a heavy sigh as he sat up into a sitting position and gave Kiba a blank look.

"She does..." An inaudible sigh passed his lips. He knew where this was going.

"You should ask her if we can use it for a weekend. Then we could have a beach party! Think about it, swimming in the ocean to escape the heat, building sand castles, and we could have a bonfire when it gets dark!"

"I wouldn't mind working on my tan."

"I bet if Sai or Sasuke stepped foot on the beach they'd burst into flames." Ino said with a little laugh. I could feel Sasuke's head turn towards her against my shoulder, most likely giving her a glare. Though, she does have a point. Sasuke's complexion is really fair so he'd probably just get burned.

"Yeah that sounds awesome! Shikamaru, you totally need to ask her!" Naruto exclaimed, jumping on the bandwagon.

"I just know that troublesome woman is going to hold this over my head until I make it up to her..." Shikamaru groaned as he laid back against the grass.

"Way to take one for the team, man." Kiba let out a little laugh as a wolfish grin crossed his features. Shikamaru just waved him off obviously done with the conversation.