Chapter 30

~Sasuke's pov~

I let out a soft groan as the sound of knocking disrupted my slumber. Wait... Knocking?

"Naomi?" Shit. "Are you awa-" I opened my eyes just in time to see the bedroom door opening. A crimson color spread over my mother's features as she stood in the doorway staring, wide eyed, at Naomi and I lying in bed, like she just intruded on something she would have rather not seen. I cursed under my breath as I propped myself up in the bed, getting a groan of protest from Naomi in the process.

"It's not what it looks like..."

"Sasuke..." Naomi grumbled, finally starting to wake up. "Who are you talking to-?" She immediately caught her breath as soon as she rolled over and saw my mother. Her face became equally as red. A frown made its way onto my mother's features, the initial shock of seeing us over. I'm just glad that it was her to catch us and not my father...

"Sasuke..." A heavy sigh left my mother's lips as she ran her hand through her raven locks. "How could you do something so stupid...?"

"W-We were just sleeping... I-I swear." Naomi sounded like she was on the verge of tears. Another sigh left my mother's lips as she turned her gaze towards Naomi, giving her a stern but remorseful look.

"I'm really disappointed in both of you. Though, I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect it would come to this... How am I going to explain this to your father...?"

"... You don't have to tell him." I felt my heart momentarily stop as her hard gaze locked with mine.

"You know I can't do that, Sasuke." Her voice suddenly got stern. "Now both of you get dressed and come downstairs. We're going to have to have a talk." I involuntarily gulped and nodded. I had a bad feeling about this...

As soon as my mother left the room Naomi just broke down. Her whole body shook as she let out quiet sobs. I wrapped my arms around her waist, hugging her closely to me, trying my best to calm her down.

"P-Please don't let t-them make me t-take a-another exam... Please..." A frown crossed my lips as I tightened my hold on her. So that's what she's worried about...

"It's alright... No one is going to make you take an exam... I promise." I whispered, placing a kiss on the top of her head. "We're going to have to get up now..." I loosen my grip on her as she begins to calm down a bit. Though, I can't help but have this eery feeling that this is the calm before the storm.

I waited for Naomi to get dressed and come out of her room. It was apparent that she wasn't looking forward to facing my parents. Neither was I. I gave Naomi one last kiss before we began our decent down the stairs.

"Both of you, sit." My father demanded as soon as we set foot in the dining room. He was sitting at the table with my mother right next to him. I took a deep breath as Naomi and I took our seats. I tried my best to avoid my father's hard gaze fixated on us while Naomi just resorted to staring down at her lap. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?" I opened my mouth to speak but he immediately raised his hand to stop me. "Not you, Sasuke. I was asking Naomi." A frown crossed my features as I noticed him focusing his attention on her. My mother just kept quiet letting my father handle the situation. I glanced at Naomi next to me. She looked terrified. "Well?" My father's tone certainly wasn't making it any better. I grabbed her hand, underneath the table, and gave it a reassuring squeeze. She just kept her head down and shook it in response to his question. "I thought as much. That's why I've decided that it's no longer a good idea to continue having you staying in this house." Naomi looked up, shocked.

"Fugaku!" My mother pipes in before I could even voice my anger or objection. "You can't just kick her out. She's our obligation until she's of age." I clenched my fists as they continued to argue over what was right.