Chapter 48

I could feel myself growing impatient as the time clicked away. I guess that just goes to show how much I've really missed him. I perked upon hearing my front door unlocking. A wide smile spread on my lips as I quickly got up to meet Sasuke at the door. My smile widened upon seeing Sasuke in the doorway, a smirk prominent on his features as his dark gaze fell on me.

"Welcome ho-" Before I could even finish the sentence Sasuke kicked the door close, breaching the space between us as he pulled me into a tight embrace while pressing his lips firmly to mine. My eyes automatically shut, my arms resting over his broad shoulders, as I let out a content breath through my nose. God, I've missed this. My eyes fluttered open as Sasuke pulled back, meeting my gaze with his. His previous smirk reclaimed his lips as we remained in each other's arms.

"Did you miss me?" Sasuke questioned in a cocky manner as if he already knew the answer.

"Yes." I breathed, glancing down at his lips. They quirked before he quickly descended them towards mine once again. I let a slight hum vibrate against our lips, pulling away reluctantly. "Let's get out of the doorway." Sasuke nodded, giving my lips one last peck before releasing his hold on me. It seems like I wasn't the only one who felt lonely without the other.

"Anything interesting happen while I was gone?" Sasuke questioned, following me into the living room. He sat next to me on the couch, swinging his arm over my shoulders wanting to have some sort of contact with me.

"An opossum ransacked my kitchen." Sasuke looked at me curiously, a dark brow rose. "I didn't know what to do and since you were gone I had to call Kiba so he could come help me." His expression immediately soured at the mention of Kiba.

"How did it get into the house?"

"Kiba took a look around in the morning and found a hole in the screen where it could have gotten in. He fixed it so hopefully another one won't get in." His dark eyes narrowed into a glare.

"In the morning? Did he stay the night?" Sasuke's jaw was tense, really not liking the idea of Kiba staying overnight with me- alone.

"Yes. I asked him to incase there was still one in the house. Nothing happened." I tried to reassure him. His body language relaxed a bit but not by much. "He really helped me out. I was terrified." He looked back at me, his eyes softening a little. Sasuke let a little 'tch' pass his lips as he looked back forward.

"I hope the opossum bit him." Sasuke muttered lowly, still bent over the fact that Kiba was here to help me in his place. Men and their pride.

"So how was your trip?" Sasuke's lips pursed, thinking back on it.

"Same as always with Naruto being an idiot and my brother being an ass. I couldn't wait for it to be over."

"It couldn't have been that bad." I smiled slightly as I snuggled into his side, his distinctive scent filling my nose.

"Naruto nearly broke his leg falling from the ski lift- despite me telling him to stay still. Then he shoved snow down my pants because apparently I was the reason he fell." Sasuke glowered. "Itachi on the other hand wouldn't stop pointing out the fact that you weren't with us, not that I needed any reminding." It warmed my heart to know that Sasuke was actually missing me too.

"Well, at least you're home now and tomorrow we'll get to spend Christmas eve together." A slight smirk crossed Sasuke's lips, his grip tightening around me to bring me closer against him.

"Yeah, it took long enough though." I nodded my head against his chest.

"I hope you'll like what I got you."

"I'm sure I'll love it." Sasuke spoke softly, his smirk widening. "I know you're going to love mine. Itachi's actually holding onto it for me so I'm going to have to stop by his place tomorrow." I glanced at him curiously.