Chapter 39

"So how'd it go? Naruto grinned as I got back in the car. Sasuke still didn't bother to look at me, opting to keep glaring out of his window. I honestly don't know why he came if he's just going to act this way.

"I think it went well. They said they'd call me." I gave Naruto a soft smile.

"That's awesome!" Naruto beamed, seemingly more excited about it than I am, as he put his car into gear and pulled into traffic. Naruto kept up his insistent chatter the whole trip, getting more and more excited as we drew closer to the fair. I stared out my window in wonder as big metal structures started to come into view and everything just seemed to be bustling with life. Naruto quickly found a parking spot in the yard of someone charging people to park there. "Come on, everyone is probably waiting on us!" Naruto ushered Sasuke and I along towards the ticket booths. It was already crowded and cramped with people and we weren't even inside yet. The line to get in seemed to go around the block... Though, at least it seemed to be moving at a steady rate. Naruto's phone stated going off shortly after we were waiting in the line. "Hello?" Naruto quickly answered. "We just got here and are in line to get tickets." Naruto smiled to himself as he listened to the person on the other line. "Alright. We'll meet you there. Bye." Naruto hung up the phone and placed it back in his pocket. "That was Kiba. Everyone is waiting for us." He quickly explained as we moved up in the line.

After waiting for a little while we finally made it to the front of the line and bought our tickets. Immediately upon entering through the front gate there were stalls and stalls of different objects and food for people to purchase. Though we didn't get much time to look at the since Naruto was maneuvering Sasuke and I to where Kiba said him and the others were waiting. As we ventured further into the park I started to catch sight of some large mechanical structures that made up the rides. Honestly, a lot of them looked horrifying.

"Hey everyone! Sorry to keep you waiting!" Naruto smiled as we caught sight of Kiba, Hinata, Sakura and Lee by a large ferris wheel.

"Finally. We've been waiting forever." Sakura complained, crossing her arms over her chest, as she narrowed he green eyes at Naruto.

"Don't blame me. It was Sasuke's fault this time." Naruto defended causing Sasuke to glare at him.

"Well, we're all here no so let's get started." Kiba intervened. "Should we start with games or rides?" A chorus of 'rides' erupted throughout the group so we head more into the heart of the fair where tons of different rides were.

"Where should we start?" Naruto asked excitedly over the music, sounds of people screaming, and the mechanical workings of the rides.

"We should go on the most youthful ride!" Lee exclaimed while pointing at the biggest roller coaster in the fair. I could feel my stomach drop and my face pale just by looking at it.

"Whoa, calm down. How about we start on some less threatening ones and work our way up?" Kiba suggested while Hinata weakly agreed with him. She seemed to have the same reaction to seeing the roller coaster as I did.

"Oh, I know! Why don't we go on the bumper cars!?" Naruto blurted out, a grin spreading on his lips.

"Idiot. Do you want to give Naomi a panic attack?" Sasuke snarled, gaining my attention since he hasn't spoken for a while. Naruto's face fell realizing why that was such a bad idea. Though, everyone seemed to be on board with the suggestion and I didn't want to ruin their fun.

"It's fine. You guys can go on it then we all can go on the next ride together." There was hesitation in the group before they were finally convinced to go on the ride.

I watched happily from the sidelines as they got in line, Sasuke the only person opting out. We stood in an awkward silence as I watched as the cars stopped, the previous customers leaving the ride so new people could come in. A small smile crossed my face as Naruto and Kiba fought over the car they wanted before Naruto snaked it from Kiba and officially calling out a full blown war with him once the ride started.