Chapter 27

My body feels so warm... like it's burning up. And what is that sound? Is... Is someone crying? A groan escaped my lips as I opened my eyes trying to adjust them to my surroundings. I was back in my room at the cabin... But how? Familiar golden locks came into my view as I glanced beside me. Naruto smiled, immediately losing his gloomy expression, as he noticed I was awake.

"Thank god..." Naruto muttered as my gaze traveled around the rest of the room. The crying was coming from across the hall. Everyone else must be with Sasuke. "Hey! The doctor said you shouldn't be moving around yet! You need to stay warm!" Naruto reprimanded me as I tried to sit up and push the mass amounts of blankets off of me. "You two had a pretty bad case of hypothermia. It was pure luck that I even decided to trek up the hill to look for you two, you were gone awhile. But, if it wasn't for your screaming I would have never found you. Though, you did almost start an avalanche with all that hollering." Naruto let out a light laugh trying to ease the situation.

"H-How's Sasuke?"

"He's still unconscious as far as I know. His parents and brother are with him though, so I thought I'd come over here so you wouldn't have to wake up alone." A weak smile formed on my lips. It was a sweet gesture. 

"Thank you..." Naruto grinned as he rubbed the back of his head, a little embarrassed.

"Anytime."

"Naruto, Sasuke's awake." Both Naruto and I looked towards the door to see Itachi standing in the door frame. His gaze fell on me and I noticed him let out a deep breath. "I'm glad to see you're awake too, Naomi. You both gave us quite a scare."

"Can I see Sasuke? Please?"

"You just woke up. You shouldn't be moving around yet." My pleading eyes locked with his concerned ones. I just wanted to see that Sasuke was alright. Itachi let out a heavy sigh as he finally broke off our eye contact. "Fine. Naruto, you help her." Naruto nodded his head as Itachi turned and left the doorway. Naruto seemed excited to go see Sasuke too.

"Careful." Naruto advised me as he helped me out of bed. I winced a little as I moved my foot, noticing that it was wrapped. "The doctor said it's a mild sprain." Naruto commented, noticing me staring at it. I just nodded my head as Naruto helped me across the hall by leaning against him, using him like a crutch.

A frown immediately crossed my lips as I noticed the IV, of warm saline, connected to Sasuke's arm. Then again, he was in the water longer than I was so his temperature probably dropped more drastically than mine so this was the better option to raise it. All eyes fell on Naruto and I as we entered the room. I've got to say, being under all those Uchiha's gazes was unsettling. Though, the weak smile that made its way onto Sasuke's lips made me feel better.

"Naomi... You shouldn't be up." Mikoto addressed me, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I-I just wanted to check on Sasuke..."

"Well, now that you've done that, you should go back to your room. You've already caused enough problems." I could feel my heart pound in my chest at Fugaku's comment. I let my head hang in shame as tears threatened to escape my eyes. I already knew it was all my fault. I was the reason why we went off trail and got lost. And if Sasuke hadn't had to carry me then maybe, just maybe, the ice wouldn't have broken... I could feel Naruto's grip on me tighten as I muttered a shaky 'I'm sorry' as the tension in the room grew thicker.

"I'll take you back to your room." Naruto whispered with a hint of remorse in his voice. I just nodded and Naruto started to help me out.

"W-Wait!" Sasuke's voice was slightly raspy, like he had a sore throat. "I want you to stay." Sasuke's father gave him a discerning look, though, Sasuke kept his gaze on me and ignored it.