Chapter 21

Of course every moment like this has to come to an end. Though, I would have like the kiss to end of its own accord. I felt a rather large shove against my shoulder and before I could even comprehend what was happening, or open my eyes, I felt a cold liquid drench my face and run down the front of my body. I let out a loud gasp as the ice cold liquid caused goosebumps on my skin.

As I opened my eyes I saw an angry redhead with a plastic cup in her hand. I'm guessing she's the one who threw the liquid on me. And from the taste it left on my lips I'm guessing it was punch. All of this seemed to happen in a split second. I looked from her to a shocked Sasuke to everyone at the dance who stopped to watch this drama unfold.

I felt tears swell in my eyes as I looked down to my now soiled and wet dress. Sasuke finally snapped out of his initial shock and grabbed the wrist of the redhead, angrily, making her drop the cup. Kiba and the others tried approaching me but I quickly muttered a 'I'm fine' and ran to the bathroom. I didn't need them to see me cry...

I burst into the bathroom and slumped over the counter turning the water on. I heard the bathroom door open but I paid no real attention to it as I frantically tried to wash the sticky punch off me.

"N-Naomi... Are you sure you're ok?" Hinata's soft voice echoed through the bathroom. I looked over at her, teary eyed, as she stood a sink away from me. Her face showed her concern and the fact that she wasn't quite sure how to handle this situation.

"... Yeah, I'll be fine." I said softly as I turned my attention back to the running water. "T-Thanks for coming to check on me..." I cupped my hands under the water and leaned down splashing it on my face. My makeup was pretty much a lost cause now. I looked up at my reflection in the mirror. Beads of water were dripping down my face, my hair that framed my face was all wet and clumped together, and my dress was a shade darker from my chest to about my ribs. It was definitely going to stain...

"Here." Hinata handed me a paper towel with a soft smile on her face. I muttered a 'thank you' as I took it and began to dry myself off to the best of my ability. "... So... You and Sasuke...?" Hinata questioned, softly, trying to make small talk. I looked over at her, a slight blush on my face, but was cut off before I could answer her.

"I can't believe he actually kissed her!"

"Psh. You know he just did it to make Kiba mad." Voices rung through the bathroom as a couple girls walked in.

"Did you see the look on her face when Karin-Oh." The girl stopped mid-sentence when they saw me. They looked at me like I was a wounded animal that they just wished would die. A little 'humpf' escaped one of the girls lips as they pushed past me to get to the mirror for a hair and makeup check. At this point I've just had it dealing with this whole thing. I want to get away. I want to be alone...

"N-Naomi!" Hinata called after me as I ran past her and out of the bathroom, kicking my heels off as I ran out of the school.

~Sasuke's pov~

"What the hell were you thinking!?" I yelled at Karin as I grabbed her wrist rather roughly, jerking it, making her drop the cup. She winced and tried to pull away but I wouldn't let her. I noticed Naomi run off and Hinata go after her.

"Sasuke, you're hurting me..."

"Sasuke. Let her go." Naruto said while coming over to try and control the situation. I gave him a slight glare before dropping her wrist. She immediately grabbed onto her wrist and quickly scurried away.

"What were you thinking!?" Kiba yells angrily as he comes up to me sort of getting in my face. "This is all your fault. Do you know that!?" I stayed silent as I just glared at him.