I can't abuse the situations I'll be in, but I will push boundaries...

"Make bad choices...got it." I mutter to myself, but Whit doesn't hear.

Beach towel, sun screen, bathing suit, sunglasses, and a hat. I wear my bathing suit under my loose fitting jean shorts and a white cropped square shirt over. Converse, check.

I'm prepared a little early and wait on the swing bench that is out back, and read.

"Why are you packing so many things?" I hear Charolette complaining. I look up from reading and watch as one by one all of them pack and put things into a car.

I go back to reading, when my book is pulled out of my hands.

"Hey, booky...you ready?" Jospeh asks, he's looking at the title of the book then hands it back to me with a smile.

"Booky?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah, like a foodie, except with books. Since you like reading a lot..." he tries selling the nickname but I give him a weird look.

"Clever..." I tell him and grab my things.

"You hate it..."

"I don't mind it, Josie..." I smirk, and he glares.

"It was Sawyer, huh? He told you that's what he used to call me? I play with a doll one time..." he mutters and walks off. I laugh as I follow behind him.

"Okay who is going in what car?" Daniel stands in front of us.

I don't see Sawyer, and I'm relieved.

"Okay, Char, you're with me..." Daniel announces and Char nods and stands right next to him.

"Avery, you coming with us?" Char questions and Avery shakes her head no.

"I'm going with Jospeh and Sawyer..."

"I'm going with Opal...." Jospeh cuts in and we all look at each other.

"Avery, Daniel, and Me are all in one car. Jospeh, Opal, and Char are in another." Sawyers voice demands, he walks out of the house, putting his sunglasses on. To my surprise everyone listens. But they quietly complain about the car arrangements but no one dares to confront Sawyer about it.

I follow Joseph to his car, but someone pulls me back by the arm.

"Here.." Sawyer says and I look down at what he's handing me. "They're ... magazines." He grunts and I look at him confused. I hesitantly take them.

"Sports magazines?"

He looks at me like I'm stupid,

"Good conversation starter with Jospeh. You guys are awkward as hell." He pushes the magazines into my hand.

"They're for Joseph?"

Sawyer rolls his eyes and leans down to my ear,

"Yes, sports magazines. Whatever the fuck you want to call it, for the whole romance thing with Jospeh..." he whispers harshly into my ear.

I grab them from out of his hands and look through them.

"I don't need your help...." I tell him. This time he grunts louder and glances around. He reaches for my arm again, but stops himself.

"Just use them..."

"So you want me to use these magazines, so Jospeh can like me more?"

Is he really serious? He has to be joking...

"Yes, at the rate you're going..." he doesn't finish off. What he really means to say is I have no idea how to flirt or even hold a conversation with Jospeh, that I suck. He's mocking me and I glare at him.