Crimson Lion: Fuegoleon Vermillion Part 1

Request: torrisade94
Gender Neutral Reader
Crush
(Y/N) = Your Name
(F/C) = Favorite Color
Word Count: 1,033

Nobody expected you to become a Magic Knight. You attempted the Magic Knights Entrance Exam two times before but nobody wanted to have you because of one simple issue. You are a commoner.

What persuaded Fuegoleon to choose you on your third attempt?

Previously:
"Number 177, step forward." You walked to the front with a smile on your face. "All who wish to offer, please raise your hand." Everybody was silent, you were frozen in your spot, staring down every Captain. All of them knew you had such magnificent potential, but nobody wanted a commoner. Unexpectedly, Fuegoleon Vermillion raised his hand. "Number 177, the Crimson Lion's."

Present Time
[6 Months Later]
Leopold and you are spending time in the garden sitting on a white bench. All of a sudden the topic of the Captain arose. "Fuegoleon just doesn't know how to act or acknowledge a commoner."Leopold constantly says this to you when you talk to him about his older brother."Why would he let me in his squad if he couldn't communicate with me?" Leopold shrugged his shoulders. "If it counts, I acknowledge you, even if you're a commoner." You pat him on the head. "Thank you, even with all my accomplishments, I feel I can't make him see me for who I am, rather than what I can do."

Leopold started thinking about the possibilities of Fuegoleon's actions. "Maybe he doesn't see you as a commoner." Leopold implies. "What makes you say that?" You ask. "Fuegoleon is very direct to mostly everyone but for some reason you never get a straight answer out of him." You think back to awkward moments you've encountered with Fuegoleon. "I don't know.." Leopold began pouring out a fountain of theories. "Fuegoleon could feel your ambition, power, or maybe he see's you as an equal or..." You look at him curiously, "Fuegoleon could have a crush on you!" You blushed at the last sentence. "Fuegoleon, Mr.First Son of the Vermillion House." He nods. "Think about it (Y/N)! You tried out for the Entrance Exam when you were in your mid-twenties! Now, you're ripe for the picking for my brother!" You scoffed. "Did you forget, I'm a commoner." He shook his head. "Being a commoner doesn't matter when you're in love!" You chuckle while slapping his arm softly. "You said he may have a crush, not that he's in love with me."

Fuegoleon Moment
Fuegoleon was lurking near the garden. He didn't mean to eavesdrop on the conversation you were having with Leopold, but he couldn't help himself. Your laugh made him feel warm inside. Your magic drew him in like a hypnosis. Your flames were a gorgeous (F/C), something that was rare amongst the fire element. He loved how strong, independent, and successful you've become. Fuegoleon was very happy that he gave you an opportunity to shine within his Crimson Lion Squad. The stars were piling up due to your courageous nature.
~~~~~~~

Leopold began laughing at a joke you told him. "Hey (Y/N), I have to get going! Let's hang out tomorrow!" You smile warmly at his invitation. "I'd love that." As Leopold turned around to walk away, he froze in his tracks as his eyes wandered to his brother, Fuegoleon Vermillion. "Leopold is something wrong?" You noticed his body tense when you asked. "No, no, I just had something on my mind. Bye (Y/N).." He takes cautious steps to his brother. "You should talk to them," he whispered in Fuegoleon's ear, "I did my best to give them the hint, it's all up to you now." Fuegoleon looked in your direction, sighing exhaustedly. "You're right."

You looked at the cloudy sky thinking about what Leopold said. "The Captain having a crush on me is like.." You couldn't form the right words, but someone finished it off for you. "Is like a man hopelessly in love." Fuegoleon says as he sits next to you. "Hello Captain, what brings you here?" You nervously ask. "Leopold gave me a push to approach you." You nod understandably. "Look.." You were going to speak but Fuegoleon held out his hand, indicating for silence.

"(Y/N), Do you remember when you first took the Magic Knight Entrance Exam?" You giggle at the memory. "Yes, nobody chose me." He frowned. "Do you remember the second time you took the exam?" You rolled your eyes. "Yes, nobody wanted me." His hand suddenly intertwined with yours. "Do you remember the third?" You softly say, "You picked me." You look at the ground. Fuegoleon tilts your head up to meet your eyes. "Why do you think I chose you on your third attempt?" You shrug your shoulder, unable to speak because of the close proximity.

His lips pressed against yours in a gentle kiss. "I chose you because I wanted to be close to you." You blush at his response. "What made you fall in love with someone like me?" He was in deep thought before answering. "You're a commoner yet you captured my heart. I wanted to be close to you, and I craved to be the one to make you flourish." You shook your head pushing him away. "Why didn't you pick me the first time then?" He smiles bittersweetly. "You are a commoner, but when I saw you the second time, I admired your determination. Finally, on your third attempt, I raised my hand without thinking. It was by instinct." He pulls you in his arms whispering in your ear. "I've loved you for a long time and I know I need to improve on communicating with you, but I hope this is a start." You hug him tightly. "This is definitely a start."

Fuegoleon was the first to break the hug. "Now, may I confess properly?" You nod, sitting up straight. "(Y/N), I've admired you from afar. Now, I want to profess my love to you, no matter our social differences." You hit him lightly on the shoulder. "I may be a commoner but you better treat me like royalty." He smiles, staring into your eyes.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

A/N
Enjoy! ❤️