William Vangeance

Court Case: Reader Vs Marx
Gender Neutral Reader
(Y/N) = Your Name
Word Count: 1,730

🚨 SPOILER ALERT 🚨
⚠️IF YOU ARE IN THE BEGINNING OF BLACK CLOVER, DO NOT READ.
⚠️IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN TO THE EYE OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN ARC, DO NOT READ.
⚠️IF YOU HAVE NOT WITNESS LIGHT MAGIC VS DARK MAGIC. DO NOT READ
🚨READ AT YOUR OWN RISK🚨

William Vangeance is accused of being the leader of the Eye of The Midnight Sun. (Y/N) will stand up for him and defend William, the Golden Dawns Captain. Marx believes he can win the case without the use of his communication magic which can transmit, as well project auditory and visual information.

Who will win?

Present Time
Everyone gathered in the Clover Castle to witness the case of a lifetime. William Vangeance, poor innocent soul, was being slandered. (Slander: A false spoken statement that can ruin or damage a person's reputation)Marx strongly believes William played a role in the terrorist attacks that occurred in the Clover Kingdom. Unfortunately, Marx Francois, one of the advisers for Julius Novachrono, states that William Vangeance is the leader of the terrorist group. You believe William was framed and these false accusations are harming his image.

The throne room was filled with fellow members of the Golden Dawn Squad, along with the Captains from every squad. Julius sat down as the judge of this unexpected trial. Marx was against William, while you are defending the rights Mr.Vangeance has as a citizen of the Clover Kingdom. "Are we ready to proceed?" The Wizard King asked. "Yes." Both you and Marx say at the same time. "Begin."

There would be no jury, the Wizard King would decide the outcome and fate of William Vangeance. Marx called up Yami Sukehiro to speak. Yami sat down on a chair in front of the audience. "Black Bulls Captain, Yami Sukehiro, do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?" Julius questioned. Yami sighed in annoyance before saying, "Yes." He looked at you then to Marx with a nod. "Yami Sukehiro, how long have you known William?" Yami thought about the question. "When I became Captain he was also in the same boat. We met on the battlefield before our current positions." Marx enjoyed his response. "What was your impression of him?" He crossed his arms looking at William. "Hmm.. The Ki I sense from him is strong, so he's a worthy opponent." Marx was agitated by the answer. "Besides his Ki, what type of person would you say William is?" Yami grabbed a cigarette. "He's the type of person to lead, but not a terrorist attack." Marx looked at Julius. "Disregard that response."

You stood up. "Objection, Yami is giving his honest opinion, that should not be ruled out because Mushroom head doesn't like the answer." Marx glared at you. Julius smiled in amusement, nodding his head towards you. "No further questions." Marx retrieved back to his seat. Since you were already up, you walked to Julius. "May I ask you a few questions?" He looked shocked but agreed. "When Asta was kidnapped by the Eye of the Midnight Sun, what type of magic did you witness?" Julius had to recall the moment. "Spatial magic, some strange gel magic and there was light magic." A smile formed on your lips as you turned to Yami. "You fought the leader of the terrorist group. Am I correct?" Yami nodded. "What type of magic was used?" Yami quickly responded. "Light magic." You grinned devilishly. "Did you see the grimoire that was being used?" He nodded. "Would you tell us what symbol was on the cover of the grimoire Yami Sukehiro." He sighed, lighting up the cigarette. "The grimoire had the four leaf clover."

The whole room was filled with gasps and shock. "What type of magic does William Vangeance use?" You questioned Yami. "Tree based magic." You looked at Julius. "No further questions." You sat next to William with confidence radiating from you. Marx quickly got up from his spot. "Yami Sukehiro, you fought the leader of the terrorist group?" Yami nodded. "What was the name of the leader?" Yami answered, "Licht." Marx put his hands behind his back walking back and forth. "Would you say there is a resemblance between Licht and William?" Yami looked again at William. "There's a resemblance." The Golden Dawn Squad members rose. "That doesn't mean it was our Captain!" Langris, the Vice Captain shouted. Julius put out his hand, signaling for the members to be seated and silenced. They followed the motion in respects to the Wizard King. "Continue Marx." Marx felt smug about the situation. "What is similar about the appearance of William and Licht?" Yami took a hit of his cigarette before immediately responding. "There faces look the same." Marx stopped in his tracks. "Do you think it would be possible for William to be in disguise?" Yami answered. "Yes." You jumped up, "There's no evidence to prove William resembles the leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun terrorist group, so it should be disregarded since it's just a hypothesis." Marx smirked, "Yami Sukehiro fought the leader up close and he can conclude there's a resemblance." You gave him a irritating look. "Yes he fought up close but.." Julius held out his hand. "Yami did see the leader so this will be considered evidence against William." You sat down in silence.

Marx felt a little victory in his grasp. "Describe to us the resemblance." Yami leaned back on his chair. "Their eyes are the most similar." You raised your hand, "May I have a chance to defend William Vangeance?" Julius addressed Marx to be seated. You rose with grace. "Yami Sukehiro, have you seen William Vangeance without his mask?" Yami nodded. "May you please describe to us the features of his face?" Yami smoked his cigarette. "He has a scar that covers half his face." You looked down sadly but nodded your head. "Did Licht have a scar?" He shook his head. "Besides his eyes, what was similar?" Yami gazed at you seriously. "His Ki." Your lips pursed. "Do you think William and Licht can be the same person?" Yami nodded his head instantly. "No further questions."

Marx took this opportunity to continue where you left off. He sat up as soon as you were seated. "Why do you think they can be the same?" Yami was deep in thought. "I don't know how, but there's something that's very similar about them." You began whispering to William about borrowing his grimoire. He complied, taking out his grimoire and handing it to you which you delicately place on your lap. "Do you think William is the one you battled?" Yami shook his head. "Do you think William is planning to terrorize the Clover Kingdom?" Yami again, shook his head. "Would you think Licht shares the same body with William?" Yami responds, "Possibly." You disagreed and raised your voice. "That was an assumption which is false." Julius nodded at your outburst. "That is assuming William is sharing his body with a terrorist." You looked at Marx disgustingly. "Those types of false accusations are slandering the name of a good Captain. How is it possible that one body can share two different people? Do you have reliable evidence that indicates William is Licht and vice versa?" Marx gritted his teeth. "No." You looked at Julius intensely while you rose from your seat, along with the grimoire in your hands. "This is William Vangeances grimoire which he allowed me to present to you, Wizard King." You handed the grimoire in his hands. "Please tell us what you see." Julius complied. "Three leafs." You smile widely. "Now is that what the leader of the terrorist group had?" Julius shook his head.

"Now, I believe it's time to make your choice about whether or not William is guilty or innocent. Yami was a very reliable piece to this small trial." Marx became flustered, attempting to try and ask Yami more questions. "Julius can I tell you something?" You asked quietly. He leaned forward to let you whisper in his ear. "Do you feel like your position as Wizard King is threatened by William? Would you go as far as to convict a innocent man guilty?" You pulled away, grabbing the grimoire to return to William. You didn't give Julius any acknowledgement as you walked back to the innocent man you defended to the best of your abilities.

Julius was silent for approximately ten minutes, contemplating his thoughts about William Vangeance. Marx wholeheartedly believes William is the leader of the Eye of The Midnight Sun, and (Y/N) believes Williams image is being harmed by the accusation. He had to go over every detail in trial. When Julius rose, so did everyone in the room. "I have come to a conclusion." The silence in the room was deafening. "William Vangeance, Golden Dawn Captain is innocent." The Golden Dawn squad cheered, while Marxs brows furrowed together. William sighed in relief. "Thank you (Y/N). I wasn't allowed to speak this whole trial, but I'm glad you defended me." You shook his hand. "It's no big deal, I didn't want your reputation to be ruined." Yami got up from the chair, stretching. "It's about time."

William was gathered around by the members of his squad. "We knew you were innocent the whole time!" Every member declared with confidence. You smiled, bowing in the end. "Good day, William Vangeance." He waved goodbye as you exited. "Good work (Y/N)." He silently said to himself.

EXTRA
"They didn't suspect a thing!" You laughed in pure joy. "You should've seen the look on that Mushroom!" Sally, Valtos, Fana, and Rhya heard you go on an on about the successful win. Licht entered the room, which silenced your cheering. He approached you, placing a hand on your head. "Good work (Y/N)." You smiled, bowing. "It was no big deal."

A/N
I got inspiration from Legally Blonde.
Please keep in mind of the spoiler alert! I hope this doesn't ruin watching or reading Black Clover.

What'd you think of the story tho?

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate the votes, comments, and feedback!

Enjoy! ❤️