Yuno

Request: Camilabakugou
Gender Neutral Reader
The Bookstore
(Y/N) = Your Name
Word Count: 1,401

You're his only weakness. Anything that pertains to you is his business. Everything that happens in your life has to run by him. All your daily activities have to be told to him. You didn't mind since you were very close, but you never thought of yourself as anyone special in his eyes. You see yourself as one of his good friends, but he see's you in a entirely different light.

Present Time
Yuno became very busy with his new position as a Magic Knight of the Golden Dawn Squad. You're proud of him, but you miss him dearly.

You moved into the Clover Kingdom a few weeks ago because of an antique bookstore your guardian decided to take over out of the blue.

You were happy with the idea of being closer to Yuno, yet you didn't see him as much as you wish you could. You were also happy to be living out one of your dreams! The bookstore may be under your guardians name, but you had a say in all the details and setup.

Yuno 'discovered' you were living in the Clover Kingdom the day you arrived at the gates. The exchange was brief, not a proper reunion of close friends. He had a lot on his plate while you had your own work to attend to. Having to run a bookstore was a lot of responsibility, but very rewarding for your inner child.

However, this opportunity to live in the Clover Kingdom and run a conveniently well kept bookstore was very suspicious. Almost as if someone was pulling some strings to make this dream of yours come true. Or they made some kind of deal to ensure you were close. You'd have to ponder on these thoughts later.

You had to adjust to stocking the books in alphabetical order by author and keeping in mind the genre in which they followed.

You cleaned every nook and cranny.  Not a speck of dust existed in the interior of the bookstore. You kindly greet and assist all customers who walked through the door, with a courteous smile of course.

Your guardian wasn't of much help but you had expected that. All labor fell into your hands, which led to hardly any personal time. Maybe hire an employee or two when things have settled down.

Throughout this transition, Yuno tended to visit everyday, but you're always running around doing something. Hardly any type of conversation could take place when you ordered the Magic Knight himself to shelf some books or handle unpacking boxes worth of new material and items. He was beginning to feel gloomy not receiving any proper attention from you.

Today is Sunday, a resting day for other's, but a tough day for you. You had to refill the shelves of books that were sold during the week with new books to be bought the next day.

You climb a ladder to the top of a shelf, carrying three books with one hand and grasping onto the ladder for dear life with the other. The little door bell rang, signaling someone has entered the bookstore.

"Good Afternoon!" You say while placing one book in the empty space in front of you. "We're closed today! Please come back another time!" You shout, placing the next book besides the other. "Hello?" You call out before putting the final book in it's place with the others.

"HELLOOO??" You inquire, climbing down carefully.

As you pass one shelf, you realize there's a empty spot. "Ugh, I have to fill that one." You try to step down, but your foot slips. "Oh! NO!" You cry out, losing your grip and falling back.

You expect to hit the ground, but you fall into warm arms. Your eyes are closed shut, waiting, expecting the worst. "Huh?" You bury your face into the cloak of your savior. "I thought I was a goner." You grip onto the person who saved you, still not knowing who it is. "Thank you so much." Your voice was muffled from pressing your face onto their cloak.

The Golden Dawn emblem suddenly comes into view. "Hmm?" You push away slowly, looking up to Yuno. A smile immediately made it's way to your lips. "Yuno!" He continues to hold you bridal style as you hug him. "I'm so happy to see you! Thank you for saving me." You pull back, realizing he's still holding you. "Uhh, you can put me down now." He looks at you with a familiar look of adoration. "What if I don't want to put you down?" He asks in a monotone voice.

You pat his chest, staring into his eyes. "Let me go right now or I'll make you." Yuno leans in closely, your noses touching one another. "What if I don't want to let you go (Y/N)?"

Your cheeks began to heat up. "Yuno! Don't say things like that." You put your hands against your cheeks, attempting to hide some part of your face.

"Is it hot in here (Y/N)? " Yuno comments with a grin. "Shh. I'm embarrassed." You say while turning your head away from his. "Why're you embarrassed?" He asks, walking to the front of the bookstore with you being carried.

"You won't let me go." The words leave your lips, making him feel strange. "I won't ever let (Y/N) go." He says confidently while sitting on a couch meant for customers.

"Now can you put me down?" You ask bashfully. He shakes his head, holding you closer to him. "You look cute." Yuno compliments with a small smile on his face. You laugh shyly, attempting to try and sit up in his arms. "Nope, you're stuck like this forever (Y/N)." You pout.

"Why?"

Yuno gazes down at you. "I want your undivided attention." You're taken back by his response. "You're the only one who actually gets my attention." Yuno sighs, looking away shamefully. "You've been paying more attention to this bookstore than you have to me."

You couldn't help but giggle. "Aww! You're jealous that I haven't given you my full attention." Yuno doesn't deny what you say nor does he say anything. "You can have me for today Yuno." He beamed at your response.

"Do you like living in the Clover Kingdom?"

You shrug. "The only reason I like being here is because I'm closer to you and I can finally create the bookstore of my dreams."

A blush crept onto Yunos face. "I'm happy you're able to live out your dream.." He trails off, running his fingers through your hair while giving you the most affectionate eyes and the softest smile you've ever had the pleasure of seeing. "What? Do I have something in my hair? On my face? Why're you looking at me like that!"

Yuno shakes his head. He leans down, placing a small gentle peck onto your cheek. "H-Hey! What was that for?" You grip onto his shoulder. Yuno points at his cheek, looking at you expectantly.

You huff out a sigh of annoyance but soon you give in and lean forward. "Fine Fine, since you went through all this trouble for us to be closer." You say, closing your eyes as your lips graze upon his soft cheek. "Happy?" You open your eyes, staring at his. The close proximity made butterflies flutter in your stomach. "Y-Yuno.." He leans forward, pressing his forehead against yours. "Let's stay like this.." You agree with him silently with a gentle smile on your face.

"I want to be with you like this forever, Yuno."

"I'm never letting you go, (Y/N)."

EXTRA:
"Are you going to tell me how this beautiful bookstore suddenly became available?" You ask in a teasing manner, already knowing Yuno was the one behind this ordeal. "I don't know what you're talking about." He hisses out as the tips of his ears turn bright red. "Oh really?" You wiggle your eyebrows. "My guardian being offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to run a bookstore in the clover kingdom! That doesn't happen everyday."

Yuno sighs, "it's not everyday you become a Magic Knight of the Golden Dawn Squad, but here I am." You playfully pinch his cheek. "Just admit it already!" He shook his head. "Over my dead body."

"That can be arranged."

A/N
Enjoy! ❤️