Golden Dawn: Yuno

Request: @MyDeathMarch
Recognition
Gender Neutral Reader
(Y/N) = Your Name
(F/C) = Favorite Color
(S/C) = Skin Color
Word Count: 1,660

Yuno joined the Golden Dawn group which caused an uproar between the members. You weren't particularly bothered by the fact he wasn't nobility. Nobles are selfish, arrogant fools that care for only themselves rather than others. It'd be nice to have a change of pace. Klaus allowed you to accompany him to train the new recruits. One training session with Yuno led to another, then came the missions.

You were fond of Yuno, which made you feel the need to defend him from the cruel comments, the nasty stares, and the horrendous accusations about his background. Privilege had it's pleasures, yet the privileged never acknowledge anyone other than those who reached their standards. You'll guide Yuno into becoming the Wizard King. First, the Golden Dawn members must be put into place.

Present Time
There's a banquet specifically for all the members of the Golden Dawn squad. Everyone had to attend, no excuses. The Captain, William Vangeance, hosted this little get together to acknowledge Yuno and Mimosa Vermillion for all their hard work. William assigned you to hand them the badge of recognition.

You dress sophisticatedly for the occasion.
A formal outfit of your choice, along with expensive footwear that's worn on special occasions. Your hair was fixed, with a small crown in the center of your head. A noble person must always dress the part. (Y/N) is now ready for the banquet, but what about the other members?

[Time Skip]

All the members of the Golden Dawn arrive in the reserved ballroom inside the Clover Kingdoms Castle. Tables were set around the room with various amounts of food. Musicians began to play a cheerful melody fit for a room of nobles. William hadn't bothered to dress any differently than usual. Klaus and the other members decided to show off their money within their attire. Many radiated wealth, some more than others, but all blinding one another with riches. Compliments came flooding in your direction and you humbly accepted them all.

You search around the room for Yuno, but ended up spotting only Mimosa and Klaus. A series of laughter circle around the room as you make your way into their direction. "Klaus! You look rather handsome tonight!" You compliment kindly. "Mimosa! You look as gorgeous as ever as well!" You exclaim as you look her up from head to toe. Not one imperfection could be found within the complex design on the dress Mimosa wore. "I wouldn't have expected less from somebody in the Vermillion family." She blushes at the comment. "You look rather charming (Y/N)." Mimosa speaks cheerfully. Klaus agreed with Mimosa.

"Where's Yuno?" At the mention of his name, the laughter shushed. You ask again, expecting an answer. "Where is he?"A few seconds later, Yuno enters the ballroom in his usual uniform. He wore the Golden Dawn cape proudly as he walks in your direction. A smile of relief makes it's way to your face as you walk towards him to meet each other halfway. "You're late!" You hit him on the head lightly, "Never forget to be on time." His face kept the same expression with only a light dust of pink making it's way on his cheeks. "I'll keep that in mind."

Alecdora Sandler, Langris Vaude, Hamon Caeseus, and others could only stare at you wasting your breath speaking to the lowly orphan. You carried a small plate with a few deserts, while Yuno stood by your side, keeping you company with heart felt stories being shared. You reach out to grab a croissant until it's was snatched by Langris. "That's very rude." You huffed as he took a bite. "Were you planning on giving it to him?" Langris spoke with disgust. "People like him don't deserve to feast on our food." You sigh in disappointment. "You shouldn't associate yourself with someone like him (Y/N). Yuno is a nobody." Your anger flares. "Show some respect to Yuno, he's part of this squad and he deserves to be treated as our equal." Gasps could be heard from all around the room. Nobles were offended at the idea of treating Yuno with respect. "Hasn't he proved himself? He's more worthy than any of you to receive todays award. Yuno has a grimoire with the four leaf clover." Alecdora huffed, "What difference does that make? He doesn't have noble blood." You glare at him before politely speaking, "Listen hear sandy, the first Wizard King had that exact grimoire, and even without his grimoire, he's proven himself as an individual. How much does Yuno have to put up with? Just because he isn't some obnoxious noble man! He deals with all of your hateful comments. Having noble blood should make you better than that, and you should be the better person! Not the other way around." William smiles, watching the event climax. Langris folds his arms across his chest. "You bring shame to your family name (Y/N)." Langris turns his back, walking to William at a slow pace.

Noble members began to whisper about Yuno.
"He's from that village..."
"He's just a orphan, nobody wanted him.."
"Wizard King? What a joke."
"Yuno has the four leaf clover but what good is it when the owner is a orphan."
"We are better off without him."
"He's the stain on the Golden Dawn name."
"What a nuisance.."

Left and right, nobody had anything nice to say. Tears prickled your eyes at the sudden ache in your heart. How is Yuno supposed to grow with all this negativity? Klaus clears his throat. "Yuno has my respect." William was about to speak until Mimosa spoke, "I acknowledge Yuno!" Langris laughs at the outspoken remarks they made. Yuno smiles looking at you with an outstretched hand, "May I have this dance?" Musicians pause the music, and resume a few seconds later after you say, "Yes."

You waltz with Yuno around the ballroom, making sure to count your steps. He did the same which kept you both synchronized. A smile tugs at his lips. "Thank you for always watching out for me." He was very grateful to have met such an inspiring person. Despite you being from a prosperous family, you treat him like a brother. You blessed him with friends amongst the squad. He didn't need everyone to approve of him now, he didn't need the whole squad to acknowledge his potential because within time, he'll display his worth and gain their respect. If he's going to become the Wizard King, he must beat all the odds.

One final twirl ended the dance, both partners bow respectfully as two individuals clap for them. William motioned for you to finally announce the members who deserve the Badge of Recognition. You quickly run towards the captain who held up three blue velvet cases with medals. You pick up the first one opening it up to reveal a thick gold cord with the emblem of the Golden Dawn squad embedded into a stone. "For her bravery, compassion, and honesty! I grant this badge of recognition to Mimosa Vermilion." Everyone gathers in front of William, clapping at the results of the first winner. "May her courage continue to guide her heart and mind in the right path!" She walks towards you, grabbing the velvet case. "Thank you!" She said, teary eyed. You hug her tightly before releasing her to stand besides William.

"The next badge of recognition goes to a boy who overcomes every challenge thrown at him! He has the heart of a knight and protects the innocent. He has sworn to protect the Clover Kingdom and has proven himself worthy!" You grab the second case, opening it to unveil the same medal with the name of the winner. "Yuno!" The room was silent, until captain William Vangeance began to clap. Everybody followed along as Yuno walked up to retrieve the case. You hug him as soon as he reaches you. "I'm proud of you." He hugged back, then released you to stand next to Mimosa. The final Badge of Recognition was a complete mystery to you so you stare at William with a clueless expression. He chuckles, sitting up from his chair. "I will announce the final winner who deserves to be recognized." Everyone became anxious immediately. To receive a badge directly from the captain himself was considered a true honor. "For always doing the impossible, for always staying strong, for always defending those you love." He looks at you. "(Y/N) deserves the final badge of recognition." Everybody applauds at his statement. He opens up the case to show a dazzling medal with your name. You took the case, walking towards the other two winners. "Now you may take out the medals." Captain William declares.

You were the first to lift the medal, and it became a radiant badge with rhinestones. Mimosa lifted hers to have vines and flowers complimenting the appearance of the badge. Yuno was the last to take out the medal, a glowing light enveloped the medal. Everyone was astonished by the bright light. When it died down, the medal became pure, illuminated gold with the emblem traced with wind mana.

The badge places itself on his cape. "Wow! That was so cool!" You shout. People agree with you silently, and continue with the banquet. "He's not that bad." Alecdora says quietly. Langris frowns, "interesting." Others could only stare at Yuno with amazement. "I will become the Wizard King (Y/N). Just you watch!" Yuno proclaims out of excitement. "I'll be there every step of the way, Yuno."