Luck Voltia

Victory or Death
Gender Neutral Reader
(Y/N) = Your Name
(F/C) = Favorite Color
(M/C) = Mythical Creature
Word Count: 1,111
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
ANGSTY ENDING

Luck always wants to fight you. He never just looks at you as a member of the Black Bull squad, he see's you as an opponent. Luck couldn't express the way you made him feel. Out of this unknown warmth he receives from your presence, the only thing he can do is declare a fight. You've only fought him once out of the millions of times he's requested a battle. You always say NO, until today.

Present Time
Luck was anxiously waiting for (Y/N) to come back from the mission Yami assigned. Magna kept him company by throwing fireballs, but that wasn't enough to keep (Y/N) out of his mind. His thoughts wondered to the details of the radiating smile that filled him with a sense of happiness. Luck couldn't function properly without you around to keep him sane. Thoughts of his mother infiltrated his mind. The need to make her proud, to gain her favor, to be the best. He was about to tip over the edge of insanity until the doors of the base swung open with you standing there. A smile was already on your lips as your voice boomed to the squad, "I'm back!" You looked at Luck who was sparking up. "Fight me (Y/N)!" He shouted with a gleam of relief in his eyes.  You sighed tiredly, but nodded in agreement. "Really!" Luck says excitedly while shifting into full gear.

Blue, radiating lightning bolts surrounded him as he levitated outside of the base. You followed behind him playing around with your fire magic. Unlike Magna, your flames are (F/C) and your styles completely different. (M/C) played a huge role in your creative fire defense and offense mechanisms. Luck kept a huge smile on his face as he jumped side to side. "Are you ready (Y/N)?" You rolled your shoulders back, stretching your body to prepare. After a couple of minutes, you gave your response, "Ready."

Everyone gathered to the side, keeping a huge distance away from Luck and (Y/N). Yami crossed his arms with a look of amusement on his face. "What changed your mind (Y/N)? You never give in to his begging." You squatted down to a defensive stance as Luck charged towards you at full force. "You're stronger now (Y/N), I won't hold back." Lightning enclosed around his hands, ready to make an impact at your face, but stealthily, you twirl aside holding out your hand in his direction. "Phantom (M/C) Roar!" A (F/C) (M/C) appeared with it's mouth agape, shooting out a laser beam. Luck grinned maniacally at the amount of mana he sensed from (Y/N). His body shook with excitement while his fist was in the ground, staring at the beam. "Get out of the way you idiot!" Magna shouted at the sidelines. Luck jumped back letting the beam wipe out a whole column of trees. The squad looked at (Y/N) in amazement. "What the hell!?" Finral looked at you in fear. "What kind of mission did you send them on Yami? They're on a whole new level!" Yami grabbed the spacial magic users head, attempting to crush his skull. "A mission to discover themself so they can surpass their limits." Everyone couldn't fathom what the mission consisted of. Asta assumed you fought a dragon, while others predicted you fought someone who was very powerful.

(TimeSkip)

Luck continuously tried to land a attack on you, but always failed to come in contact. He was growing more and more anxious to make contact with your skin using his fists. Unfortunately for him, your defense was superb. (M/C) would appear from thin air without you reciting what type of move you'd make. Luck couldn't tell whether the (M/C) would attack or shield you. He had to take lucky guesses and when he was wrong, he paid the price. The (M/C) wrapped around his body, gravitating up into the sky, only to come down at full speed towards the ground. Everytime this happened, he'd heightened up his senses while trying to figure you out. Lucks smile never wavered as he gazed upon your tired form. You're very strong, but you couldn't predict the fight to have continued for so long. Everyone became concerned at your current state. "Hey.. I think you two should call it quits." Lucks head snapped into the direction of the squad members. "Victory or death."

You started breathing very hard as Luck charged towards you in a final attempt to annihilate you. You smiled widely, falling to the ground in defeat before he could have the final blow. "(Y/N)!" Everyone shouted, running to you. You looked very pale to the point you were knocking on deaths door. Yami started to bark out commands, "Go get a healer! Quickly!" Finral disappeared in a instance, taking Asta, Noelle and Magna with him. Charmy was by your side, holding your hand. "They're so cold." Luck realized how terrible you looked, he was so focused on winning that he couldn't tell you were slowly dying in the process. He fell to his knees, still smiling, running his hand over your cheek as tears spilled down his face. "So this is why you said yes to fighting me." Your eyes fluttered open, meeting the beautiful eyes of Luck Voltia. "I wanted to give you one last fight before I called it quits." Yami grunted disapprovingly. "Stop talking as if you're already dead." A smile stayed on your lips as your (E/C) eyes began to lose their shine. "I'm dying." You spoke quietly as you feel yourself drifting away. "There's nothing you can do about it." Luck gripped onto your hand, placing it on his chest. "(Y/N), don't leave me, please." These were the final words you heard. You tuned out everyone, but you made sure to say your last few words. "I love you all, I love you, Luck." His hand tightly squeezed your hand, letting the reality of your words sink in. "(Y/N), I..." You took your last breath.

Lucks pupils dilated as he tried to comprehend the fact you just died right in front of him. You were the only one that kept him grounded. Asta made him realize he needed to work together with his team to be successful. However, nobody taught him about love or how it would feel to have yourself break in half. His smile began to falter at the realization he loves you, and now you're gone.