Marx Francois

Sick
Gender Neutral Reader
(Y/N) = Your Name
(F/C) = Favorite Color
Word Count:1,059

Marx was very stressed with the Wizard King running off during desperate situations that required the mans knowledge and power. The pile of paper work was massive. This dilemma encouraged Julius to hire you, (Y/N). You were behind the desk going through each and every paper for the Wizard King to check off once he came back from his exploring. Marx disapproved of your duties, how could they allow another person do all this work? His brows furrowed together as he watched you from afar, smiling with pure blissful innocence.

Present Time
You woke up before the sun even began to peak beyond the horizon. A day of paper, more paper, and even more paperwork was waiting for you. Sometimes you dread the task, but you had a room in the Clover Castle. Not many people of your status were as blessed with this luxury. Marx always accompanied you for breakfast, today would be no different! You jumped out of bed excited with determination to get as much done and hopefully spend time with Marx. He was your only friend, aside from Julius. Everyone in the castle avoids you because you're not nobility. Marx prepares breakfast for both of you for that reason. You dressed in a casual (F/C) outfit with matching footwear, along with a pair of earrings. Dressing this nice always brightened your day. You added a light touch of makeup to give your face a flushed appearance, possibly covering your dark circles in the process. Once satisfied with how you looked, you were about to head out to find Marx. Suddenly a knock on the door startled you before you could depart. "Come in." A woman opened the door with a tray of boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and a cup of fruit with two buttered toast breads. "What's all this?"
She looked down, steadily placing the tray down on your bed. "The chef prepared your breakfast today." She bowed respectfully, exiting the room without another word. You poked at the pancakes unhappily. "Marx would've made waffles." The eggs were boiled, still encased in there shell. "Marx would've made them scrambled." The toast was extremely charred with butter softening the rough surface. "Marx would've made the toast crispy with jelly or jam." The bacon was limp and soft when you took a small bite, spitting it out as soon as you tasted it. "Marx would've made them crispy, just the way I like them." The sausage looked raw, pink, and unappetizing. "I don't like sausage." Your stomach growled loudly, disappointment to the both of you. "Chef prepared this my ass."
You sighed, getting up to find Marx. "I wonder why today was different." You left to roam the castle with curiosity and to discover answers.

The House of Silva family were up early, unfortunately. Laughter was heard when you passed by Nebra and Solid Silva. "Did you enjoy breakfast?" Irritation shivered through your body. "Where's Marx?" Solid replied instantly, "Why would we tell someone like you?" You marched away, not wanting to get insulted. Everyone wouldn't look at you, when they accidentally did they gave you a pitiful look. You took multiple right an left turns, walked through long corridors, entered many rooms, ran away from nobility, and crashed into the worst types of people.

Finally, you were about to give up, until loud coughing was heard a few doors away from where you stood. Without a second thought, you ran and opened the door to find Marx in bed, coughing and sneezing. "Please.." he wheezed "water.." You hurriedly grabbed the glass besides his bed. "Sit up a little or it will spill." He looked at you with his eyes barely able to open. "(Y/N)! Get away from me." He quickly said, following by a cough that made him sit up instantly. His body shook, as he shivered. You placed a hand on his back, rubbing small circles, along with pressing the glass of water against his lips, but he refused. "Hey, you need water Marx! Your throat must be dry or worse." He shook his head, still refusing. You pinched his cheek, "drink this water right now or so help me!" He continued to be stubborn. "Fine!" You shouted, gulping a huge amount of water. He looked at you stunned. "My water..." You placed both your hands against his feverish face. He opened his mouth to speak, then you dove right in and transferred the water. As soon as your mouth was empty of the fluid, you pulled away. "Thank you.." Marx blushed, his face as red as a tomato. "Wow Marx, I hired them to do paperwork and here you two are, smooching." Julius spoke cheerfully at the door. Yami was besides him with a cigarette. "Mushroom head got his first kiss." You realized what you had just done. Marx laid back down, huffing in embarrassment. "He didn't want to drink water!" Julius smirked, "Yes, blame the H2O." Yami left, grabbing a flustered Asta. "I can't believe I just saw that." Julius grabbed the door leaving, but he had a few words to say. "(Y/N) you have the day off, take good care of Marx." You nodded with a smile. "I will."

Once everyone left, the both of you couldn't meet each other's eyes. You were the first one to break the deafening silence. "Was I really your first kiss?" He closed his eyes nodding. You leaned down, pecking his lips. "You're my first kiss, my first friend, and you're my first love." He weakly reached out for your hand, intertwining your fingers with his. Marx fell asleep, healing as he rested with you beside him, hand in hand.

NEXT DAY
"Good Morning (Y/N), I came to check on you because you're late for breakfast!" Marx knocked on your door, speaking quickly. A moan of agony could be heard on the other side. He opened the door, "I know this isn't right but.." He looked at you in shock, then smiled. "Feeling a little under the weather?" You nodded in your pajamas, covered with blankets and a wet towel on your forehead. "I'll take care of you (Y/N)." A smile made it's way until you started sneezing up a storm. "T-thank you.."