Leopold Vermillion

Request: Zexal-Chan
Gender Neutral Reader
Guardian Angel
(Y/N)= Your Name
(F/N)= First Name
(L/N)= Last Name
Word Count:1,293

Leopold Vermillion and (F/N) (L/N) were such good friends when they used to be kids. You passed away when you hit the age of 15, leaving behind Fuegoleon, Mereoleona, and Leopold to mourn your unfortunate death. Even though you're physically gone, why can't your spirit let go?

Present Time
Fuegoleon was trying to recover from a incident that occurred not too long ago. You watched as doctors quickly patch up his right shoulder since his arm was no where to be seen. Leopold was healing in the medical ward, close to his older brother, but he abruptly arose from where he laid. "I need to find Asta." He walks out the room, exiting the medical ward to be met with who he needed to see. "I will surpass my brother and I will become the Wizard King." Leopold marks his forehead with the same symbol Fuegoleon wears on his forehead. "You're my rival Asta."

You were astonished at his declaration but a smile slowly tugged at your lips. You turned around to look a Fuegoleon who also had a small smile even as he was resting. You were transparent to the world around you. Nobody could see you unless you allowed them to. You acquired angel wings for innocence, a halo for purity and a lovely outfit that snuggled your body comfortably. Even though you used to be a tiny devil as a child, you were acknowledged as pure.

You weren't allowed to stay in heaven, it was more of a quick stop. You were sent down as Leopold Vermillion's Guardian Angel. However, you looked out for Fuegoleon and Mereoleona from time to tome, you mostly focused on Leopold. Unfortunately, you couldn't intervene with what happened to Fuegoleon so your heart clenched at the condition he was in. You whispered reassuring words into his ear. "You'll rest for a long while, but don't worry Fuegoleon, I'll take care of Leopold." He twitched at your words. You sat at the edge of Leopold's bed, watching him sleep soundly. "Should I visit his dreams today?" You questioned yourself. "Why not? I haven't in a long time." You positioned yourself next to him, curling up into a small ball.

Leopold's Dream
He was having the same nightmare. The day you died was the day he lost a part of himself. He blamed himself for your death. The scene was playing out in front of you. Leopold was shaking with fear as you stood up to a muscular man threatening to kill you both if one of you didn't give him money. "I have a wife and kids! I need to take care of them one way or another!" He was reaching for Leopold but you used your magic to call on the flames to engulf his hand. The man screamed at the top of his lungs. "YOU B*TCH!" His hand was charred by your flames. "You have a death wish, don't you CHILD." He pulled out a gun aiming it at Leopold. "Let's see how you like it if your friend over here dies." You lifted your hands up in the air. "I surrender, please don't shoot him." The man laughed hysterically. "You should've thought of that when you f*cked up my hand." His good hand pulled the trigger, so you did the only thing you could do, take the bullet for the boy who you called family. 

Once the bullet penetrated your body, you fell in front of the man and in front of Leopold. The man began freaking out. "I wasn't going to really shoot him! I was going to miss!" Leopold inhaled sharply as the muscular man ran away from the scene. You were crying out of fear. "L-Leopold." You selfishly grabbed his hand as he kneeled next to you. The pool of blood surrounding your body. Fuegoleon and Mereoleona were running in your direction in the distance.

"I'm scared Leopold." You began choke on the sobs that raked through your body. "L-Leopold." You looked at him sincerely. "I'm happy you are here." His grip on your hand was tight. "Please, hold on (Y/N)! We're going to get a doctor." Leopold turned at the sound of his siblings shouting. "WHAT HAPPENED!" Both said in sync. Leopold was about to explain until he turned back to look at you. Your lips were blue, your face had the look of death, and there was no pulse. Your eyes were fixated on him. He couldn't bare looking into your lifeless eyes. Leopold scurried away from your body, crying.

"Im such a coward." Leopold recited, watching everything at a distance. "If only I wasn't scared." He tortured himself like this, dreaming the day you died, and blaming himself for your death. "Leopold." Your angelic voice reaching out to him. "Turn around." He followed the command to be met with an angel looking (Y/N).

"(Y/N), I know you're just my imagination, but I never would've imagined the angel costume." You stomped your foot. "Hey! I'm the real deal here." He rolled his eyes, a smile breaking through his lips. "You need to let go of me Leopold." Your words made his heart ache. "I can't let you go, you're gone forever because of me." His composure was breaking right in front of you. "Leopold, I've been watching over you. I'm here, just not the way you want me to be." You attempted to soothe his sorrow. "I'll watch over you, watch you grow, but you need to let this part of me go." You addressed the dream that haunted him almost every night. "This isn't healthy for you! If you want to win against your rival then you have to let me go." Leopold bitterly laughed. "My subconscious is speaking to me so selfishly, letting go of you to win against my rival is like throwing you away." You sighed in frustration. "Letting go will allow you to heal properly rather than wake up screaming from this dream over and over."

Leopold shook his head, looking down. "How do you think Fuegoleon feels? Huh? What about Mereoleona? Now Asta, how do you think you'll fight him in this state." He was taken back by your shouting. "(Y/N) do you know Asta?" You thought about it. "I know he uses Anti Magic, why?" Leopold gazed at you with tears filling his eyes. "(Y/N), you died before you could meet Asta, you didn't even get to meet him when you were alive." You tapped your foot patiently. "How do you know about Asta?" You grumbled shyly. "Do you want the truth or are you going to jump to conclusions like I'm your subconscious." He walked forward, standing in front of you confidently. "The truth." You smiled. "I'm your Guardian Angel Leopold, I'm assigned to watch over those I love." He wrapped his arms around you, squeezing you tightly. "I've watched over you since my death, and I've never left your side Leopold." His body shook as tears fell onto your shoulder. "You feel so real.." You played with his hair. "Technically, Im as real as it gets." Leopold let you go with a smile. "Now I have to make sure my Guardian Angel doesn't worry about me." You chuckled. "It's my job to worry."

The world around you began to break off into pieces. A contented looking Leopold stood proudly. "I'll let you go." Your body began to become a part of Leopold as you were suddenly being buried in beautiful flowers that sunk you deeper and deeper. "Goodbye, Leopold."

THE END

A/N
My inspiration:

A/N My inspiration: