17. What Did I do?

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for the stress you just took my through," He muttered sarcastically, "Now did you want to be there?" He asked. Honestly, not at all. I just didn't want to disappoint my friends. And I womdered why Nathaniel was speaking a little nice to me. It's like this was ou first ever normal conversation even through he was trying to taunt me through his words..

"Um..yes.," I nodded and he didn't say anything afterwards.

He pulled up in front of my house and before I could get down, he grippee my wrist. On instinct I started wriggling gently because I didn't want him to bruise my skin again. He held my hand in place and grazed his fingers on mine.

Was he high this morning or what?!

"You should be mindful of those you roll with." He said drawing circles on the back of my hand.

"Okay.." I whispered and wriggled my hand out again and after muttering a 'thank you' I turned to my home. My heart was racing as I heard him rev the engine to drive away. Our earlier interaction started replaying in my ears and it felt too good to be true

I went inside to find Eugene sleeping peacefully on Stella's lap as she was playing with his hair.

Relief was evident on her face when her eyes fell on me.

"Pamela, where have you been? Eugene has been very worried." She said and I stared at my brother.

"Uh..I went out with some friends.." I said taking off my heels and hoping she won't interrogate me again.

"Well go upstairs and take a shower." She ordered and I passed her a smile before I went I took a nice bath and came downstairs for breakfast.

***

"..And Nathaniel dropped me off at home..can I have my food now?" I begged Angela and she passed it to me.

"You should have stayed with us.." Angela complained.

"No, I'm sorry I put in all that.." Mackenna apologised.

"It's ok, at least we're still alive." I patted her should and she gave me a grateful smile.

"Wait, if Nathaniel dropped you off at home, where did you sleep last night?" Mackenna asked nd my face turned bright crimson.

"Not really important." I shrugged but Mackenna being her will never let this slip in peace.

"I'm serious, where did you sleep?" I asked as Angela and I looked at her.

"Na..Nathaniel's room." I replied shyly and Mackenna gasped.

"What? He allowed you to sleep in his room?" Angela's eyes widened.

"Y..yes." I murmured.

"Wait..where did he sleep?" She asked and my face got more redder.

"Gosh." I whispered under ny breath.

"Pamela tell us." Makenna begged biting into her taco.

"I..I don't know but..I..I..woke up to find him h..holding me in his a..arms," I answered biting my lips.

"That's it. He likes her." Mackenna muttered.

"No he doesn't!" I shook my head.

"Did he dare do anything to you?" Angela asked.

"Any thing like what?...oh no! He didn't!" I said. "In fact, he was a little bit nice." I smiled.

"Ouuuu!" They chorused.

"Oh come on!" I grinned looking away for a bit.

"Boy's coming to his senses." Angela sighed.

"Guys, can we please change the topic?'' I requested.