I scream, as loud as my lungs let me. My body is too weak and I start crawling to the exit, increasingly fast, when the bangs get louder.

I can't see a thing but I know the bodies are behind me, they're following me. I crawl fast, the bangs grow louder, and I can't help but cry.

"Opal!" I can't see a thing, my vision blurry from my tears. I see a dark shape standing over me and I kick, screaming. It's the body.

"Ah Fuck." It curses and I kick harder, it hisses in pain.

"Opal, Stop." I feel fingers holding my arms in place and I try punching at it, but it catches my arm before I can do any damage. Both my arms are tightly bound and I'm pulled up.

"Stop, it's Sawyer. It's just me..." I let my brain recognize his voice and I collapse into his arms. Once we're out of here, I would like to erase me ever falling into his arms...

"There are bodies.. it's eye....it's eye." I can't get a coherent sentence out.

"Shh, I know. I know." He whispers.

I hear the thumping sound again, and try running, but Sawyer keeps me in place.

"They're coming. It's going to get me." I cry again. I can't see anything, but I'm sure Sawyer is looking at me as if I'm crazy.

"Opal, calm down." He pulls me closer to him and I make out a worried expression on his face. The cellar door is slightly cracked open and I see it's still day light.

"They're dead. No one is coming for you. Zombies don't exist..."

"It's a zombie. It's eye opened." I whisper, my voice croaks.

I can feel the agitation running through him in waves, he grips my arms tighter and I know he's struggling to help me stay calm. Him not being calm himself.

I push my hair out of my face, sweat still dripping and I know my face is covered in mud, I can smell it.

"We have to go back there and make sure everything looks like it wasn't touched..." he says and my face pales. I see him run his hands through his curls.

He pushes me back in and I try distracting myself.

"I can't go back there.." I tell him and visualize the eye. The one that shot open. He doesn't say anything and grabs my hand in his. And I focus on his slow breathing.

"How did you find me?" I question.

"I just came back from class. When everyone was out swimming, my mom asked where you were and asked me to check up on you.." He says with a shrug.

"Was Avery at the pool?" I question and I feel him turn to look at me.

"So, she did this..." he states. She was at the pool, she faked being sick.

"No, just wondering." I lie. What to do about Avery???

The noise is louder and I snap out of my thoughts. I quickly put the newspaper back, the files away and turn of the light. I quickly slam the door and rush out, and I bump into Sawyers chest.

We slowly walk back out, the tension growing. He's probably thinking I'm some wuss. A crazy wuss.

I almost shed a tear when we step onto the grass, Sawyer takes one look at me and turns me around. I feel him lift up my hair and he presses a finger into my head. I hiss out in pain and turn around and smack his arm away.

"You need to get that checked, it might need stitches. It's still bleeding." He says. I'm fine. No stitches, if I go to the hospital my uncle will go ballistic.