35

Emma was holding down on Regina's stomach. She looked round as she heard a tare. Micheal had ripped his shirt of the knife and ran out the room while carrying Jane. Emma pulled Regina's phone out and called an ambulance. She then looked at he woman in her arms.

"I guess there's no happy endings" Regina says shaking now.

"Don't say that. I meant what I said in the letter. I love you. I know I do" Emma replied quickly.

"What? Don't fuck with me" Regina sighed.

Emma was about to speak when Regina called out in pain. She somehow could feel the baby was dead. Even though it wasn't a real human yet it broke her heart that she wasn't going to be a mum anymore.

"Are you ok" Emma quickly asked.

"I'm not going to be a mum" Regina sobbed as she rests her head on Emma's chest.

Shortly after Regina was being rushed into hospital. Emma was by her side and holding her hand. Once there they rushed her to the emergency room. Emma waited outside for any news.

"Em? Thank god your ok" Kieran says walking towards her.

"Thank god your here" she sighed as she hugged him.

"Yeah I heard someone was rushed in because of a gunshot wound. Why you here" he asked confused.

"Regina was shot. It was Micheal. We escaped but I don't know where they are" Emma says now pulling away.

The doctor came out of the room. He looked at Emma upset before facing Kieran. He turned back to the girl before finally speaking.

"Regina lost the baby. She now can't have children if her own because of where the bullet hit. She's unconscious at the moment and we thought it would be easier you breaking the news to her" the doctor says softly.

Emma looked shocked at him. She knew before Regina told her about the pregnancy that she wanted to be a mum. Emma sighed as she looked down. The pain Regina will feel about this haunted her. Emma sat down on the chair and looked at the ground finding away to tell her.

"It's ok" Kieran says placing his arm around her.

"This is all my fault. I knew I should of kept her as an enemy. Now she wont ever have a baby" Emma says placing her hands over her face.

A beeping sound came from the doctors pager. He looked at it before back at the swan twins.

"Regina's awake" he softly says.

Emma stood up and walked in quickly. The doctor and Kieran stayed outside knowing this was going to be hard.

"Emma? What's going on? Am I ok? Is it ok" she asked not wanting to look at her stomach.

Emma took a deep breath. She went over to the bed and sat down on it. She held Regina's hand worrying the brunette now.

"I'm so sorry Regina. The baby couldn't have survived that" Emma softly says while looking in her eyes. Regina knew this was coming but it still hurt her so much. She started crying as she looked down at her stomach finally. "There's more" Emma adds hating that she has to.

"What" Regina asked looking up with floods of tears.

"Because of the gun shot... where it landed you... you" Emma says but can't figure out how to.

"I what... em what is it" Regina asked worried.

"You can't ever have children again" Emma finally softly spoke.

"No... no" Regina says now starting to cry even more. She placed her hands over her face and poured her tears out like a waterfall. Emma day on the bed and held her close in a hug. Regina just cried on her shoulder still hiding her face. "Noooooo... why"