7

It's been 2 weeks now. Emma and Kieran moved into the new house with Logan and have the money they were left. Emma arrived to work early today since Kieran took Logan. She passed a classroom where the sound of weeping came. Emma only glanced in to see Regina sat at a desk crying. Usually she'd walk away and not even worry about it. Something made her go in.

"You alright" Emma asked as she knocked gently on the door.

Regina jumped as she looked up. Confusion consumed her face as she wasn't expecting Emma to be stood there.

"What do you want? To mock me. Go ahead. You can't say anything that will hurt me even more today" the brunette says as she wiped her tears away.

"I'm not here to mock you. I just asked if your ok" Emma sighed as she walked over to the assistant head teachers desk.

She pulled a chair over and sat down next to Regina. The brunette just looked confused as to why Emma suddenly cared. She was about to question it but new she needed anyone to talk too.

"My ex has been threatening me for a while now. Everyday I get messages about how she's going to burry me 6 feet under ground. Yesterday she came to my house drunk and started hitting me. I just received a video that her new boyfriend took of her hitting me last night" Regina says as she looked at the desk with tears in her eyes.

"That's awful. Why do you let her do that" Emma asked shocked.

"What can I do? I never cry about it just today got me" Regina says as she starts wiping her tears away.

"What's her name"

"Emily Smith. Why"

"Seeing if I knew her. That sounds terrible. Is there anything I can do" Emma asked softly.

Regina looked up at her. She was so confused why Emma is all of a sudden vulnerable. She was being kind and caring.

"Why do you care? All you have ever done is take the piss or been a bitch" Regina asked.

"I'm not that heartless to let you sit and cry alone. I have to get going so I can sort my classroom out ready for today but even though your a bitch you can talk to me about this" Emma softly says as she stood up.

"Thanks... I guess" Regina replied still confused.

Emma stood up and walked over to the door. She looked round and saw Regina looking at the ground. Emma went back in and over to her. As Regina looked up the blonde hugged her. The brunette woman was shocked by this but without thinking she hugged her back. The woman didn't know why they were hugging but it felt so strong they didn't want to let go. Emma quickly pulled away and walked to the door.

"I still hate you bitch" Emma says as she walked out.

"Fuck you too" Regina says not helping the slight smile.

Emma laughed and went to her classroom. She didn't know why she even went in to see Regina let alone hug her. She sat down at her desk and thought about it. The smell of hair was apple and cinnamon. She was really good at hugging.

"Hey em" Alex says as she took Emma from her thoughts.

"Ow hey" she says as she stood up.

Alex looked towards the door before quickly kissing Emma deeply. They pulled away and Alex smiled at her.

"I got tickets to the football game if you want to come with me" Alex says smiling.

"Are you asking me out on a date" Emma asked with a smirk.

"Why not? You got a date Saturday or can we" Alex shrugged.

"I don't this Saturday no. I like football so why not"

"Great. I'll pick you up from yours at 2"

"How about I pick you up instead? I already know where you live and my house is lots of turns" Emma lied as she put her arms around Alex.

"Alright sounds good" Alex says smiling. Emma giggled as she pecked the heads lips. "Ow heads up. Regina is still super determined to get rid of you"

"It's fine. I spoke to her today and acted like I cared what was wrong with her. She will now feel bad if she gets rid of me" Emma says as she laughed.

They didn't know Regina was stood outside the door. She now figured out why Emma still had her job. It was because she's dating the head. Even though she talked to Emma about her ex she still hated her. Now she finally had what she needed to get Emma fired. Regina walked to her office furious that she actually spoke to Emma about her problems.

"That little snake. She has the head rapped around her manipulative finger. I will get rid of her... but she listened to me... but it was only to get me to like her... no I'm sticking with my decision. I will destroy her and break that finger she has Alex rapped around" Regina says going through different emotions.